Since the inception of GST in India in 2017, it is not an option but a crucial part of every business and company. Even knowingly or unknowingly, GST (Goods and Service Tax) is part of every consumer or buyer. GST was introduced with the motive of One Nation, One Tax, and removing multiple taxation systems. Keeping in mind the huge demand for GST professionals, here we have explained briefly about GST and also compiled a list of top GST certification courses in Coimbatore.
Table of Content
- GST Introduction and History
- Benefits of GST – Goods and Service Tax
- Types of GST
- Eligibility Criteria
- GST Certification Course Syllabus
- Top 8 GST certification Courses in Coimbatore
- Career Prospects After GST certification Courses
- Frequently Asked Questions
GST Certification Courses in Coimbatore
Let us begin by understanding GST, its history, advantages, types, and career opportunities, and we will eventually move forward to top institutions providing you with a chance to start working as an employee as well as you can do your own GST compliance as a business owner or a serviceman.
What is GST?
GST or Goods and Service Tax is an Indirect Tax that is levied on the flow of goods and services. Every value addition is subject to this multi-stage, destination-oriented tax, which replaces a number of indirect taxes like VAT, excise duty, and service tax.
For all of India, a single domestic indirect tax law applies to both goods and services. Tax is levied under this system at every point of sale. It is a multi-stage tax that is focused on destinations.
In 1954, France became the first country to enact the GST as a tax regime. Since then, several other nations have followed suit, including Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, Spain, South Korea, Vietnam, Monaco, and others. In India, GST was suggested in 2000 following the creation of a task force by the then-prime minister, Atal Bihari Vajpayee. Vijay L. Kelkar, the finance minister’s advisor, led the study that came to the conclusion that GST may help India’s tax system.
The union ministry of finance proposes implementing the GST beginning on April 1, 2016. But in 2011, a Constitutional Amendment Bill that would have made it easier to implement the GST law was unveiled. 4 supplemental GST measures, however, were authorized by the government and enacted by the Lok Sabha. As a result, on 1st July 2017, GST came into force.
Following central taxes were being replaced by GST:
- Service tax
- Duties of Excise
- Central Excise duties
- Cesses and surcharge
- Additional duties of Excise
- Additional duties of customs
- Additional duty of customs
Even many state taxes are subsumed under GST are:
- Entry tax (all forms)
- Purchase tax
- Luxury tax
- State VAT
- Central sales tax
- Entertainment and amusement tax
- Taxes on advertisement
- State cesses and surcharges
Taxpayers having annual turnover of upto 20 lakhs exempt from GST
Benefits of GST – Goods and Service Tax
Implementing GST is considered to be one of the biggest and most important tax reforms in India. A clear tax system is presented by GST, which is imposed on the supply of goods and services. When purchasing an item, the average person only sees the state taxes that are applicable on the product label, not the other tax components that are embedded in the goods.
Aiming to increase tax compliance, increase state and federal government revenue, and speed up economic growth, the GST is intended to make corporate operations easier. The elimination of cascading tax effect reduces the tax burden on many goods.
Some major advantages of Goods and Service Tax are:
- Eliminates the impact of cascading taxes
- The simple and convenient online process
- Reduction in tax compliance
- More efficiency in logistics
- Composition system for small business organizations
- Ease of business registration
- No further need of issuing C Forms
- It also helped eliminate illegal trade after the introduction of the E-the Way Bill.
Besides these points, what is of utmost significance is that 17 indirect taxes are replaced by one uniform tax i.e., GST.
Types of GST
There are four types of GST- Goods and Service Tax:
- The Central Goods and Services Tax (CGST)
- The State Goods and Services Tax (SGST)
- The Union Territory Goods and Services Tax (UTGST)
- The Integrated Goods and Services Tax (IGST)
SGST (State Goods and Service Tax)
Every state’s state government imposes a tax on intra-state transactions called the SGST, which replaces all other state taxes, including the sales tax, entertainment tax, value-added tax, entry tax, etc. Any amount earned through SGST is claimed by State Government.
CGST (Central Goods and Service Tax)
The Central Tax (CGST), which is imposed on domestic sales (which is within a state) of goods and services, is referred to as such. The CGST act controls CGST. All previous Central taxes, including State Tax, CST, SAD, and others, are replaced by the CGST, administered by the Central Government. Prices are calculated using the wholesale price for goods and services subject to the CGST. Central Government collects the revenue earned by CGST.
IGST (Integrated Goods and Service Tax)
The Integrated Products and Services Tax, often known as the IGST, is a tax levied under the GST regime that is collected on imports, exports, and interstate (between two states) supply of goods and/or services. The IGST Act controls the IGST.
UTGST (Union Territory Goods and Service Tax)
The purpose of imposing UTGST, which is applicable to the intra-UT supply of goods and services, is to use tax collection to offer advantages similar to SGST. Five Union Territories—Lakshadweep, Daman, and Diu, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, and Chandigarh—are subject to the UTGST.
GST Certification courses in Coimbatore are for anyone who wants to learn about GST, study it in depth, gain expertise in it, or become a certified GST practitioner.
- Students who are pursuing law school, CAs, CMAs, CSS, and students who recently finished their bachelor’s and master’s exams
- Any employees who wish to switch from finance to tax as a career.
- Students who have recently passed their bachelor’s or master’s degree exams and salaried professionals who want to switch to a career in taxation.
- Also, employees who want to fulfill their professional obligations in taxation, but are employed as financial experts.
- Business and start-up owners.
- Retired Professionals, Lawyers, or even Housewives
GST Certification Courses Syllabus
Knowing the syllabus beforehand is a good idea, you must know what you are getting into. Generally, the syllabus is common for all GST Certification courses in Coimbatore as the software is the same for all. Just teaching methodologies may differ; a few points are extra in some institutes or less in others. Major points coverage in GST certifications are:
- GST Levy
- GST Time of Supply
- GST Place of Supply
- Transitional problems
- Input Tax Credit
- GST Valuation
- GST Returns
- GST Registration
- GST Payment
- GST Assessment
- GST Refund
- GST Penalties
- GST Offences
- GST Advance Ruling
- GST FTP
- GST Customs Duty
- GST Moot Court
- GST Ethical Practice
Check here the other best courses in Coimbatore:
- Digital Marketing Courses in Coimbatore
- Technical Writing Courses in Coimbatore
- Data Analytics Courses in Coimbatore
Top 8 GST Certification Courses in Coimbatore.
Coimbatore is one of the largest industrial and manufacturing hubs of Tamil Nadu India. Thus, creating infinite work opportunities for fresher to experience holders. GST certification courses in Coimbatore can even be pursued by small business owners so that they can file their own returns. Let us move forward to Top Institutions Providing GST Certification Courses in Coimbatore.
1. IIM SKILLS
IIM SKILLS is an education provider company making its presence worldwide since 2015 by providing top-notch practical training and internship programs. They provide one of the best online GST Certification programs.
Course Name: GST Certification Course
Duration: One month which includes 16 hours of live lectures + Practical assignments and weekly tasks
Fees: INR 2900 + 18% GST
- Master certification is received which is recognized by the MSME Government of India
- Lifetime access to all live recorded videos
- Practical learning with Hands-on implementation
- All related tools and software are taught
- 24 hours support
The Course is Divided Into 9 Modules:
- The origin and concept of GST and its impact on businesses
- The framework and structure of GST
- GST registration Criteria and process explained
- In voicing in GST: Invoicing rules and regulations
- GST returns filing
- Composition scheme under GST
- Reverse charge mechanism (RCM)
- E-way bill under GST
- Input tax credit & payment in GST
Additional Key Features:
One of the best and Job-oriented GST certification courses in Coimbatore is the Certified GST Practitioner Course by IIM SKILLS. The GST certification course at IIM SKILLS includes professional-level training and offers
- Online sessions that have already been recorded cover GST in-depth and practically.
- The use of well-researched teaching techniques and a curriculum that is current with the GST industry’s most recent advancements.
- You will have an intensive learning experience with training from top industry professionals that includes case studies.
- You will get intellectual clarity and an understanding of the theoretical and practical applications of GST from this course.
- By the end of the course, you will be fully informed about the new GST returns, be able to do a GST health check on your company or organization, and comprehend the areas that will be impacted so that you can plan for any eventualities.
- Through discussion forums, you can get immediate answers to your questions and learn clearly.
Contact: +91 9580 740 740
Email: [email protected]
ACTE Coimbatore offers classroom and online GST training in more than 27+ branches with expert trainers. Many other courses are also offered by ACTE other than GST certification courses in Coimbatore.
Key Features Are:
- 40 Hours Course Duration
- Beginners and advanced level classes
- 100% Job Oriented Training
- Industry Expert Faculties
- Free Demo Class Available
- Certification Guidance
- Lifetime access to the student portal, study materials, and interview questions
ACTE provides students with the best placement opportunities, their students are working in some of the reputed organizations.
- Trainers are certified professionals with 7+ years of experience in their respective domains as well as they are currently working with Top MNCs.
- As all Trainers are GST domain working professionals so they have many live projects, and trainers will use these projects during training sessions.
- All Trainers at ACTE work at renowned companies like Cognizant, Dell, Infosys, IBM, L&T InfoTech, TCS, HCL Technologies, etc.
Course Name: GST Training
Duration: 40 hours includes – 40 + hours of training, 3 live projects, 25 + assignments
Fees: INR 14000
Course Syllabus: The course is divided into 12 modules:
- Accounting Using TALLY
- Features of GST
- Banking Matters
- Why GST
- GST Components
- GST – Tax Structure
- Benefits of GST
- GST Registration
- Filing GST Returns
- Earning input tax credits for GST services practice
- Creating GST Invoices for accumulated taxes
- MIS Reports
For further details, you can visit the ACTE webpage and get full information based on your location.
Contact Details: 91509 10602 / 93800 99996
3. Genesis Tally Academy
Genesis Instruction offers cost-effective, high-quality computer education. The goal of Genesis Education is to develop a talent pool of top-notch software specialists who can meet the future demanding requirements of multinational corporations. They think that lifelong learning and training in the most recent computer technologies are crucial components of a successful career in the IT sector.
Students receive training in a multicultural setting that promotes interactive learning focused on today’s computerized business environment. A certification program called Introduction to GST was created to make sense of the fundamental and more complex GST ideas that apply in India.
It includes practice scenarios and solution illustrations that are enhanced with several process charts. Candidates who want to learn about the GST and comprehend the new system for indirect taxation are strongly encouraged to enroll in the program.
- Introduction to GST
- GST using Tally ERP 9
Key Aspects covered in this program are:
- What is GST?
- Supply of Goods and Services
- Place of Supply
- Time of Supply
- Value of Supply
- Input Credit Mechanism
- E-way Bills
- Payment of Tax
- Consequences of Non-Compliance
- Accounts and Other Records
- Tax Rate Structure
- Refund of Tax
- Transition to GST
- Input Service Distributor (ISD)
- Job Work
- Non-Resident Tax Payer
- Compliance Rating
- GST Practitioner (GSTP)
- GSTN and GSP
- Demands and Recovery
- Appeals and Revision
- Liability to Pay
- Introduction to GST – 20 hours
- GST using Tally ERP 9- 45 hours
Contact Details: 9786664231, 8220972921
4. AJNIFM- Arun Jaitley National Institute of Financial Management
The Arun Jaitley National Institute of Financial Management (AJNIFM) is a Center of Excellence that focuses on enhancing the skills of professionals in the fields of public policy, financial management, and other governance-related topics in order to promote the highest standards of professional competence and practice. As a certified GST training partner, AJNIFM offers 3-Day complete GST training.
The motive of the institute behind this course:
- Become familiar with the GST Law and Rules’ overall application, compliance, and enforcement challenges.
- Recognize the effects GST will have on your organization’s operations and the changes to your company procedures that are necessary to comply with the new law.
- Obtain practical experience with the various steps necessary to comply with the GST Act and Rules, including registration, return filing, input tax credit use, TDS (Tax Deduction at Source for Government Buyers) compliance, refund requests, and other documentation needs.
- Treatment of Transitional Issues successfully.
- Computerization: Practical experience
All the Trainers and mentors at NIFM are Accredited GST Trainers, Indian Government officials at various posts in finance and accounting departments, and even experienced retired persons.
Course Name: GST Training
Duration: 3 days- 5 sessions each day of 1 hour 15 minutes
Fees: INR 13500 + 18% GST
Contact Details: + 91 129 2418870
The Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 (Act No. XXXVIII of 1949) created the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) as a statutory body to oversee the regulation of the chartered accounting profession in India.
Due to its contributions to education, professional growth, the upkeep of high accounting, auditing, and ethical standards, and its 64 years of existence, ICAI has become recognized as a leading accounting body both domestically and internationally. ICAI is currently the second-largest accounting organization running GST certification courses in Coimbatore.
This course focuses on
- Delivering in an organized manner specialized and current GST concepts and information
- Improving analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities for better decision-making.
- A certificate will be awarded after the course completion and passing of the examination.
Course Name: Certificate Course on GST
Both virtual and physical course is available
Eligibility: This course can only be applied by members of ICAI, which mean CA-Charted Accountants who are members of ICAI.
Course Duration: 10 Days Course
Option I – Saturday and Sunday only
Option 2 – Monday to Friday
- INR 14000 + GST for Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune, Ahmedabad, and Jaipur
- INR 12600 + GST for other cities
0120 – 3045954
- GST Certification Courses in India
- GST Certification Courses in Chennai
- GST Certification Courses in Madurai
- GST Certification Courses in Trichy
- GST Certification Courses in Trivandrum
- GST Certification Courses in Kochi
A concept-based course called “Introduction to GST” is being offered by NIIT to help students with a background in commerce understand what GST is, how it works, and how it affects the tax system. This concept-based learning course is being introduced in collaboration with Tally.
The course is planned with some main learning objectives:
- Knowledge of Products and Services tax principles
- Study the topic of the supply of goods and services.
- learn about supply time and supply value.
- knowledge of the input credit system and billing
- Results of Non-Compliance Accounts and Other Records Returns and Tax Payments
- Tax Rate Structure, Tax Refunds, GST Transition, Input Service Distributor (ISD) Employment, and Non-Resident Taxpayers
- Rating for Compliance with E-Commerce
- Recognize your job as a tax return preparer.
- understanding of GSTN and GSP
- Knowing the auditing process
- Studying up on demands and recovery.
- Become familiar with appeals and revision.
- Recognize Your Obligation to Pay
Course Name: Introduction to GST
Course Duration: 20 Hours
- Student must be a BCom student, graduate, or have studied commerce until grade XII.
- Should be aware of the taxes scheme and indirect taxation system
Course Syllabus: This course has a single module by the name of
Introduction to GST
Contact Details: +1 800 3000 6448
EduPristine is a renowned financial educator, who provides detailed courses and practical learning. EduPristine offers online and classroom courses. A thorough explanation of the Goods and Service Tax rules can be found in the GST training.
The practical elements of the Goods and Service Tax (GST), such as registration, returns, and in-depth accounting and recording of GST transactions, are covered in the EduPristine GST course.
- The course content is designed by industrial experts considering what is required for jobs.
- 24-hour assistance
- Complementary material access on Advance excel and GST E-book.
- This is a classroom course with weekend and weekday batches.
Course Name: GST Course
Course Duration: 32 hours
Eligibility: College students, recent graduates, M.com, MBAs, and working adults who want to pursue careers in accounting and taxation It calls for logical thinking and a thorough understanding of the accounting and taxation processes.
|● Basics of Tax|
|● Taxation System in India|
|● Introduction to GST Structure|
|● Rates Comparison|
|● Applicability of GST|
|● Time of Supply|
|● Place of Supply|
|● Tax Invoice|
|● Input Tax Credit Composition Scheme|
|● GST Returns|
|● Payment of Tax|
|● Accounting for GST|
|● GST in Tally|
|● GST v/s Previous Indirect Tax|
Contact Details: [email protected] 1800 200 5835
8. Henry Harvin
Henry Harvin is one of India’s significant training and advisory providers since 2013. This GST Practitioner Course, presented by specialists who frequently appear on NDTV and Aaj Tak, provides a comprehensive understanding of GST legislation. It discusses the most recent hot subjects, including GSTR 3B, GSTR 1, GSTR 2A, new e-Invoicing regulations, how to claim ITC if it isn’t reflecting, etc.
They call it a 9-in-1 program, as they deliver:
Training, Projects, internships, Certification, Placement services, E-Learning, Masterclass, Hackathons, and Gold Membership
Course Name: GST Practitioner course Training
(a post-graduate program in GST is also available)
Course Duration: 32 hours
Course Fee: INR 12500
Course Syllabus: the course is divided into 4 modules:
- Basic concepts of GST
- Registration Procedure
- Record Management and Tax Payments
- Litigation Management
Upon compilation of the course, a Certificate recognized by the government of India is received.
Contact Details: +91-9891953953
Career Prospects After GST certification Courses
Once you are done with GST certification courses in Coimbatore, a number of work opportunities are there. If you are confident enough and well-versed you can always start your own GST Practitioner work. Here are some good work opportunities which will pay you a handsome salary:
- Taxation Manager
- Taxation Research Analyst
- Tax Reconciliation Accountant
- GST Compliance Practice
- GST Compliance Executive
- GST Department
- GST Practitioner
- GST Trainer
Frequently Asked Questions About GST Certification Courses in Coimbatore
Que. 1 Who can do GST certification Courses in Coimbatore?
Ans. Anybody can do GST certification courses may it be students, professionals, business owners, or even CA’s and CS’s, just a basic understanding of indirect taxes in India is expected.
Que. 2 Will these GST certification courses in Coimbatore help me in getting a job and provide an opportunity for career growth?
Ans. Companies are increasingly hiring people with knowledge of the GST regime and compliances as it has become imperative. Additionally, when professionals develop in-demand GST skills, getting promotions will become more straightforward.
Que.3 Which mode of learning is better Online or Offline for GST certification courses?
Ans. This should be your personal choice, but I would suggest online courses. As these are more comfortable and flexible. Even if you are a student or working professional you can attend these classes from anywhere even from colleges or offices.
Que. 4 How much can a fresher earn after completing GST certification courses?
Ans. For a fresher, you can always begin with 15k to 20k per month and based on your skill and qualification this figure can go up to 30k to 40k. The more the experience higher will be your package.
Que. 5 Is GST compliance a complicated process?
Ans. The whole purpose of introducing GST was to create a process that can be done with ease with less of complications.
So friends here I am concluding this article which I have written trying to give brief information regarding Goods and Service Tax- GST and a well-thought list of top GST Certification Courses In Coimbatore. Hope the above information will help you in choosing between different courses after comparing carefully based on complete details. Keep learning and keep growing!