The GST is one of the boldest tax reforms aimed at expanding the economic operations of major companies while also having far-reaching effects on the nation’s economy. It is a reform that is both disruptive and beneficial. Today, we’ve compiled a list of the best 10 GST training institutes in India. GST certification courses in India are a complete guide to goods and services tax regulation to help GST practitioners comprehend the nitty-gritty of the new GST law.
What is GST?
The Goods and Services Tax, or GST, commonly known in India, is an indirect tax on the provision of goods and services. It is imposed at the point of consumption rather than the place of origin, unlike earlier taxes. The GST took effect on July 1, 2017, and it replaced several current taxes. It’s a tax reform, a business change, and a change required to boost GDP. In addition, all trade restrictions between states have been removed thanks to this policy shift.
Benefits of GST:
- Reduces costs and improves the competitiveness of Indian trade.
- In the current economy, lower the rate of inflation.
- It is expected to have an encouraging incidence on a common market for all and contribute to the growth of GDP.
Why Are GST Certification Courses in India Important?
The GST Council (GSTC) is constantly changing, like:
Tax Rates and Policies.
Policies pertaining to the electronic bill of lading.
Formats are returned.
Forms for claiming GST refunds.
The government has taken the lead and launched nationwide training programs to raise GST awareness to address these issues.
GST procedures are taught at a national level through training programs organized in partnership with the Indian government. This has necessitated the development of GST practitioner certification courses.
Eligibility for GST Certification Courses in India?
Eligibility in General:
First and foremost, the individual must be an Indian citizen.
Have a healthy mentality.
Not declared bankrupt
Not be convicted by the court.
Prerequisite Educational Eligibility:
The candidate should be any one of follows:
Any recognized Indian university approved by law requires a graduation or postgraduate degree or equivalent in commerce, law, banking, business administration, or business management.
An Indian university will accept an equivalent degree from a foreign institution.
An examination in an Indian or foreign university that is similar to a degree examination and may include one or more of the following examinations:
- Finals of ICAI
- Finals of ICMAI
- Finals of ICSI
- A retired officer of the commercial tax department of any state government or the CBEC who served for a minimum of two years in a group-B (or higher) gazetted officer position.
- A sales tax officer with more than 5 years of experience in the field.
Syllabus of The Gst Certification Courses in India
The GST certification courses in India will include:
- GST Levy
- Customs Duty
- Ethical Practice
- Place of Supply
- Moot Court
- Time of Supply
- Transitional problems
- Input Tax Credit
- Advance Ruling
How to Become A Registered GST Practitioner?
- Make an Application
As per rule 83, anyone eligible who wants to become a GST practitioner must apply from GST PCT – 01 /02 via the common site (1). You can apply either directly or via a facilitation center.
- A GST PCT-02 Certificate Will Be Issued
- The applicant is enrolled as a Goods and Services Tax practitioner by an authorized authority.
- Checks all of the information and documents. This authorized officer must make all necessary inquiries about the applicant’s details and papers.
- The certificate is issued in the form of GST PCT –02.
- Validity of The Enrollment: Lifetime validity.
- GSTP Examination:
- GSTP students must pass this exam within two years of enrolling.
- The candidate must first register online at NACIN’s website and pay the required costs to sit for the exam.
- A minimum of 50% is required of the candidate.
- A candidate who registers as a GSTP must pass the exam within two years of registering.
NACIN announces test dates via its official website, common portal, GST council secretariat, and national and regional press.
This test is given twice a year.
When the commercial center is a jumble of knowledge and instructional sessions, choosing the best GST certification courses in India is key to breaking the ice. Furthermore, the information will assist the candidate in obtaining employment promptly with comparable compensation, professional development, and progression opportunities as those at senior levels. People who have completed GST certification courses in India raise the value of their professional careers.
Top 10 GST Certification Courses in India:
1. IIM Skills
IIM Skills has no introduction; it is one of the most well-known names in online education today. IIM Skills offers high-quality training in a variety of professional fields, including GST courses and Business Accounting and Taxation Courses in India.
The course’s several sections cover all of the components that assist you in understanding how to implement GST for businesses. Many employment choices are available as a result of education. You can also work as a freelancer. The Learning Management System is also accessible through their e-portal. It is the repository for all GST-related information, including case studies, reference materials, and class recordings.
The course includes working with a variety of applications that aid in the GST implementation process. You can work with a large number of clients without having to do everything manually, including keeping records.
About The Course:
Course Name: GST Course
Eligibility: Newly minted professionals, lawyers, job hunters, accountants, tax analysts, finance executives, entrepreneurs.
GST Course Fee: INR 9900
The syllabus of GST certification course by IIM Skills include:
- Fundamentals of The GST Act
- The Different Forms in GST
- Indirect Tax, And Direct Tax
- TDS Compliance
- Concept and Structure Of GST
- Amendments of GST
- GST Registration, And Invoicing
- GST Returns
- Benefits of GST
Course Duration: 4 weeks
Additional Benefits: The GST certification courses in India give intensive hands-on training in advanced GST elements. You are familiar with the fundamentals of GST, the implementation process, and its significance in enterprises. You can learn more by downloading the booklet or contacting the institute’s experts for a consultation.
Contact: 9911839503, [email protected]
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is a statutory body for chartered accountants that has been around for 64 years. It is a leading accounting organization that has garnered international recognition for its contributions to education, professional development, accounting, ethical standards, and auditing. It is currently the world’s second-largest accounting body, with headquarters in New Delhi. In addition, it is a prestigious institute for GST professionals.
The website contains all relevant GST resources, such as the GST acts, rules, and laws. There are also e-lectures and e-learning materials available. In addition, there is also GST study material organized by topic.
About The Course:
- The ICAI currently offers two GST courses, a certificate course and an advanced certificate course on GST.
- Both of these courses are only available to chartered accountants.
- The certificate course is 72 hours long (online and offline), whereas the advanced course is 40 hours long (online only).
- The charge for the certificate course is 10,000/- plus GST at 18%, while the fee for the advanced certificate course is 14,000/- plus GST.
- The maximum batch size for this online course is 90 people.
- The e-learning portal has a softcopy of the background material. Every day, there is a mandatory assessment submission. The candidates get two months to view the recordings of the sessions.
- After completing the course, candidates will receive 25 structured CPE hours and five structured CPE hours after passing the evaluation.
- The course covers GST from beginning to end, from introduction to various and ethical practices.
The course’s goal is to organize and present accurate and up-to-date material in the field of GST in a logical and orderly manner. The GST courses offered by the ICAI are extremely beneficial to chartered accountants.
You can also check out our list of the top GST Courses in Surat
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India, or ICSI, is a leading national organization established by Parliament Act. The institute is a one-stop-shop for company secretaries of India, with offices in New Delhi and regional centers throughout the country.
ICSI aspires to be a global leader in the development of high-quality professionals who promote good governance. ICSI delivers a GST course to its members and professional program students exclusively to familiarise them with GST compliance and enforcement.
About the Course:
Duration: 5 weeks
Course Fees: INR 7,500+GST
The comprehensive GST Program explains the concepts, principles, and intricacies of GST. It enables the candidate to grasp GST ideas and keeps them up to date on the current GST advancements.
The course covers the what, why, when, and how of GST-related subjects, emphasizing hands-on instruction. The study material is sent to you in soft copy format as soon as you sign up for the register.
After you’ve learned everything there is to know about GST and how to comply with it, you’ll have to take an online test. You can get a joint certificate from ICSI and BSE institute limited at the end of the course.
ICSI offers one of the best online GST Courses in India, owing to its illustrious reputation. Visit their website and download their brochure for more information.
ClearTax, a Bangalore-based fintech platform, assists with income tax filing, GST, and mutual fund investing.
About The Course:
- Current Course: New GST Returns Comprehensive e-Learning Certification.
- CA/tax practitioners, company leaders, legal experts, and even students can take the course.
- It is an eight-plus-hour in-depth training course. The course also covers how to deal with filing errors and mismatches. In addition, you will be able to get answers to all of your GST questions from CAs and GST specialists.
- Fee: 3600/-
- Course: The course covers the fundamentals, the new GST return system, the transition from the old to the new system, and expert parts with key takeaways on upcoming financial developments.
This course is one of the best choices for all GST-related needs, creating GST bills, claiming ITC, and filing a GST return.
NIIT is a top-tier online institute that offers a diverse range of courses in software, IT, banking & finance, taxation, and more. The internationally known institute, founded in 1981, offers a variety of programs and courses to persons from many areas.
That which began as a traditional brick-and-mortar institution quickly got on the online learning bandwagon, realizing its potential. This college, which has received a slew of awards and accolades, offers one of India’s best online GST courses.
About The Course:
Course Name: Introduction to GST
Course Duration: 20 hours
This rigorous study session is guided by skilled, seasoned industry specialists who will help you comprehend GST topics in plain English. The course offers a wonderful blend of theoretical and practical knowledge, with a strong emphasis on real-world experience to help students remember what they’ve learned.
- Goods and Services Tax concepts
- Time of Supply and Value of Supply
- Returns and Payment of Tax
- Accounts and records
- Supply of Goods and Services
- Appeals and revisions
- Input Service Distributor
- E-commerce and compliance rating
- Audit process
- Invoicing and Input Credit Mechanism
- Non-Compliance consequences
- Tax refunds and structures
- Non-resident taxpayer
- Demand and recovery
- GSTN and GSP
EduPristine is among the top GST Certification Courses in India that was founded in 2008 by industry executives from MNCs. It has grown from one to five verticals over the years: accounting, analytics, finance, marketing, and healthcare.
It features a nationwide network of classrooms, as well as a sophisticated online platform offering online courses. In addition, corporates can benefit from EduPristine’s custom-made programs.
About The Course:
- Current Course: GST
- Undergraduates, graduates, working professionals, and candidates interested in a career in accounting and taxation are all eligible.
- The duration is 32 hours.
- There are weekend and weekday batch options for this classroom instruction.
- Online help and access to instructional material in presentations, recordings, practice files, and utility files are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Industry professionals created the course content, which incorporates employability skills from the start. It covers all of the essential points. GST in Tally and GST vs. prior indirect tax are two important modules.
Vskills, an ICSIL certification program, is a certification program. Vskills is India’s largest certification authority, conducting skills testing and administering certification exams to improve employment.
Many firms hire Vskills certified applicants since the certifications are industry-recognized. In addition, it is a single platform that assesses candidate competency and offers training programs in various fields, including accounting, finance, engineering, office skills, big data, and many others.
Popular links, certificates, practice tests, examinations, tutorials, blogs, internships, jobs, interview questions, and resume writing are all available on their website. Vskills has a user base of over 2.5 million people and over 50,000 certified applicants. There are almost 200 courses available.
About the GST Certification courses In India offered by Vskills:
- Current Course: Certified GST professional.
- Accounting experts, tax consultants, and students seeking a career in accounting and finance are all eligible.
- The course is 60 minutes long.
- The fee is $3,499/-.
- It is an online program.
- Candidates gain access to the learning management system once they have enrolled. In addition, they receive a hard copy of the study materials. E-learning is available for the rest of your life. Free practice tests are available.
- Students can pick a day and location for the 50-point exam, which has no negative grading. In India, there are approximately 70 centers.
- Basics, ideas, GST registration, invoicing, GST returns, valuation, and legal provisions are all covered in this course.
This government-approved course is good for the rest of your life. In addition, candidates are automatically marked as Vskills certified on Monsterindia.com and shine.com, improving their employability.
Caclubindia believes in sharing knowledge, and it is, at its core, an interactive online platform for knowledge sharing. It takes advantage of the community’s strength and offers its two million-plus members a variety of e-learning possibilities as well as significant networking opportunities.
It began as a service for financial experts and taxpayers but has since expanded to include the entire financial community. The site gives information on a variety of financial topics. Reviews, debates, webinars, resources to consult, online courses, corporate laws, careers, events, films, and much more are all available. It’s as if the entire financial world is contained within an oyster.
About The Course:
- GST certification courses in India are now being offered. It’s an advanced course that comes with certification from India’s Ministry of MSME.
- It is a 40-hour program spread across four days, with nine hours recorded for real estate and four for GSTR-3B. It is possible to take the course in both English and Hindi.
- Fee: 9999/-
- It is a weekend batch that runs from 9 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
- Candidates receive their e-notes one week before the live class.
- Coverage of the course: This course now includes two practical lessons on GST return and GST refund as a new feature. It includes the e-way bill in GST as well as assessment tests and covers all key courses.
The exam is required after the course is completed to receive the certificate. The exam is taken online, and the results are available right after you submit it.
Udemy is a tremendously popular platform for people to share their expertise in courses, not merely as a course provider. This massive platform benefits both students and teachers all around the world.
Through learning and education, this major worldwide marketplace is making a difference in people’s lives. It is changing many people’s lives and connecting students all around the world with the top teachers. In addition, people of any age may learn anything from anywhere thanks to internet services like Udemy.
About The Course:
- Complete the GST course and obtain certification to expand your CA practice. (ClearTax Learning developed this course.)
- CA aspirants, CAs, IAS aspirants, tax practitioners, legal practitioners, accountants, and commerce and accounting students are eligible.
- The course lasts 42 hours and includes 29 articles and lifelong access, and a certificate of completion.
- Fee: 4800/-
- Coverage of the course: The course walks you through the fundamentals and converts you into an expert at the end. It is advantageous to have a basic understanding of taxes. The course is divided into 27 sections with a total of 299 lectures. It also covers violations and fines, as well as a new GST rate council meeting.
With a 4.5/5 overall rating and a 4.0/5 instructor rating, this course is now a best seller. The lectures can be seen in both English and Hindi. You can get the course through Udemy if you’re more comfortable with that interface.
10. Henry Harvin
Henry Harvin is a company that offers a variety of skill development courses. The institute has trained over 23000 students thus far, with a strong focus on value generation. In addition, the organization provides courses for a wide range of employment roles.
The institute offers MBA, engineering, graduate, marketing, finance, legal, and medical school courses and courses for the finance/accounting/taxation industry.
About The Course:
- GST practitioner certification course is currently being offered.
- The classroom and online training sessions are both 32 hours long.
- INR 9500/- as a fee
- It is a hands-on program with a complimentary one-year membership in the finance academy worth $4,000. In training, there are recorded films, monthly brush-up sessions, interview skills, and career assistance.
- The current and trending topics, as well as new provisions, are covered in this accredited course. Aside from that, there are live projects and an internship guarantee.
- Candidates receive an industry-recognized certification that is required for a successful career.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How can you get new career opportunities after completion of the GST certification courses in India?
Answer: The new GST will result in a significant rise in tax compliance (a minimum of 37 returns must be filed per registration every year), which will create work prospects for financial professionals.
According to research by the CII (Confederation of Indian Industry), GST will result in a 2 percent to 2.5 percent increase in the country’s GDP, and 2.5 million jobs will be created for every 1 percent gain in GDP. Individual purchasing power is increased.
A higher GDP means more business, which leads to a higher demand for GST professionals. As a result, there was a significant increase in the salary of GST practitioners even before the GST was implemented.
- How much time will I need to complete GST certification courses in India?
Answer: Most GST Certification Courses in India may be finished in 32 to 35 hours.
Practical training is an essential component of the GST Certification Courses in India.
- Who conducts the GST practitioners exam?
Answer: Rule 83A was added to the CGST rules in 2017 by a government notification dated 60/2018. ‘Every individual who is enrolled as a goods and services practitioner under sub-rule two must pass the GST practitioner examination,’ according to rule 83 (1), clause b. The National Academy of Customs, Indirect Taxes, and Narcotics will administer the test (NACIN).
We hope that the above list of institutes offering GST certification courses in India is useful to students interested in becoming GST practitioners.
So, for all those aspiring audits, taxes, or financial experts out there, GST is the new hot job opening many doors.