Do you know, the average salary of an experienced data analyst is more than €57,000 per annum, whereas the national average income is approximately €41,000 per year in Germany? But why are the salaries of data analysts in Germany the highest in Europe? The reason is simple- $4.3 trillion German GDP. Also, according to European Commission, the GDP growth rate for 2024 will be 1.4% with an inflation rate of 2.7%. There will be more than 23% growth in data analyst jobs by 2029. So data analytics courses in Germany are the hotcakes.
This blog article lists some well-known institutes for learning data science courses and states the prerequisite of the studies, types, scopes, and many more.
1. IIM SKILLS
IIM SKILS, a Delhi-based institute, offers a data science certification course. It is the first pick for data analytics courses in Germany in the list because of its high-quality training. The training duration is half-year, excluding a two-month online internship. Instructors provide the lesson in English which can be easily understood by anyone with ease.
IIM SKILLS Master Data Analytics Course is a completely practical-oriented program, curated with in-depth research so that each of the students gets the knowledge, from beginning to advanced. The 2 months of internship, which is also a part of the program, help the students sharpen their skills to the advanced level and build their resume to showcase.
Data Analytics Courses in Germany Modules:
- Data visualization, analysis, and manipulation in Excel sheets by pivot function.
- VBA language programming and integration of advanced data tables in Excel.
- SQL databases: learning with RDMS diagrams and DBOC command line in server integration and reporting.
- PowerBI data modeling and report development using the DAX function
- Basic to advanced Python dataset programming
- Creation of data summaries, tables, and maps using Tableau
- R programming learning session for data mining after identifying patterns and models through statistical regression models and 3d charts.
- Alteryx learning session
Mode of class: online
Eligibility criteria: An undergraduate or postgraduate with programming knowledge or working professional in IT, finance, sales, or supply chain.
Extra Features of This Course:
- More than six live projects and more than case studies learning in this virtual training.
- Govt of India accredited certificate
- Lifetime access to LMS for technical and career support
- 7 data analytics tools expertise sessions
- You can choose any individual modules like SQL or Excel from these data analytics courses in Germany by paying the defined fee for the course.
- No language proficiency is required to take the admission.
ExcelR was founded in 2014 in Houston, USA. They provide IBM data analyst professional certificates with the collaboration of IBM. It is the second option for data analytics courses in Germany as they have a great teaching system that makes learning easy and fun.
Course duration: 150+ Hours / 6 Months
Mode: Online Only
They give six projects to their students for practical tasks, such as
- Hospital data analysis: Here, candidates learn to analyze the patients going through dialysis through case summaries. They also know the patterns of giving discounts to patients on their hospital bills.
- Financial Loan: In this case, the learners analyze how a loan is given to a customer considering several parameters and the funded amounts considering his grade. They also study the mode of repayment of the loan.
- HR retention policy: The business analytics here observe an employee’s attenuation in several departments concerning income, promotion, work-life balance, etc.
- Fuel usage: The candidate analyzes the fuel usage in various applications in various locations for multiple jobs.
- Aviation delay: This project deals with the causes of flight delays for various airlines. A student has to report also the number of flights distribution location-wise.
- E-commerce analysis: This assignment deals with payment modes variation for different customers for different products. In this case, customer feedbacks are the big data regarding shipping experiences along with reviews of the products.
Skills they teach in the training program:
- Database Concepts in advanced analytics
- Data Analysis Concepts of data mining
- Function Chart & Slicers of qualitative data
3. Berlin School of Business & Innovation (BSBI)
Their main campus is in Berlin, although they have three sub-campus: Hamburg, Paris, and Athens. This is our second option for data analytics courses in Germany.
Duration: 1 month, 4-6 hours per week
Mode: Online only
Cost: €1,320 for non-BSBI candidates but free for BSBI students already enrolled in any BSBI degree program.
This data science online course is five assignments based.
- A student analyzes consumer data in a business plan obtained by customer relationship management (CRM) software to identify a solution to a business model.
- An Excel sheet tells a story of consumer behavior regarding a product or a service so that users can derive a conclusion within a period.
- Regression analysis of two or more variables by statistical graphs. A real-life example is Meha, who predicted the September sales figure. Still, it is challenging to know the final result as so many factors are involved, like weather, competitors, etc (independent variable). The dependent variable is sales. The regression method measures all the measurable impacts and indicates the data-driven decision.
- The fourth assignment is based on the Cluster algorithm. In this technique, several groupings are done within a dataset. It has myriad applications; customer segregation is based on buying patterns in marketing. In finance, customer risk segmentation is crucial while approving financial aid like loans based on debt and assets.
- The last assignment will be to make a dashboard of various visual data in a digestible form—examples- human resource data, web analytics, logistics information, etc.
BSBI course’s modules
- Introduction of data analytics business problems & scopes
- Basic to advance Excel learning
- Regression technique
- Visual dashboard making
- Cluster segmentation model
Simplilearn is an online digital skill-based training institute. They provide online data science boot camps with the IBM partnership for data analytics courses in Germany.
Cost: € 1,099
Course Access for:335 days
Course Syllabus: Their course is modern tool-based learning, although they offer separate certificates IBM affiliated for two elective papers like Power BI & Industry Data Analytics.
A student should learn many tools in a certificate course, irrespective of any institution. Although every training center only uses some devices, please talk with the institute you choose. Here are a few software/tools for reference, like Microsoft Excel, NumPy, pandas, Power BI, Python, etc.
5. Toronto School of Management (TSoM)
TSoM offers one diploma in data analytics for domestic and international students. It is an AWS data analytics certification along with Perlego approval. It is our fourth option for option for data analytics courses in Germany.
Fees [volatile]: 14750 CAD (for domestic), 13750 USD for international students
Duration: The course has 600 hours of theory discussion and 240 hours of training. The total time of this course is 52 weeks, including breaks.
Syllabus: The whole course is divided into five modules, such as
- Data designing: Here, students will learn how to collect big data from an organization and design raw data for a particular input intended for a result.
- Data audit for business decision: A student must learn R programming language to inspect clustering series models. Several mathematical formulae are taught in this section. R is combined with lexical semantics for identifying data gaps. R will be integrated with C and C++ to measure the central tendency for mosaic and biplot graphics.
- SQL & SAS: First, a candidate learns the Structured Query Language or SQL in the perspective of how to create, change & store records in the tables; for example, YBC is making a net-gross income table for 15k women to compare them with international wage standards in the tourism sector. Therefore different relationships will be made with many variables that manipulate the salary in a geographical location. Not only that, a candidate will filter their target data as the criteria.
Second, SAS is the correct language when working with complicated data syntax for large-scale organizations for its high reliability. In SAS, a user can report descriptive graphs such as time econometrics in an automotive way. SAS has a time-handling function for millions of rows. It connects with several databases with built-in statistical tasks so that the user can generate the output in PDF and XML formats.
- Data visualization tools: Now the student will learn three tools-
- Tableau Softwares
- Qlik Sense
- Placement Training: In conclusion, a student has to complete practical assignments to be a market-ready employee. Yet, students complete internships in various sectors like retail, finance, NGO, BPO/KPO, etc.
6. University of Calgary (UCalgary)
UCalgary offers international students a diploma in Data Science and Analytics. It is the fifth option for data analytics courses in Germany.
Course: The diploma course is divided into five segmentation, such as
- Data visualization
- Statistical analysis
- Data model analysis
- Management of big data
A student has to take one specialization but briefly study all four papers at the beginning.
- Business analysis
- Data Sciences
- Data Model in Finance & Energy Market
- Biostatistics in Health Science
- A full-time undergraduate study or a four years baccalaureate degree in computer science, programming/ linear algebra/ calculus/ statistics.
- Anyone with experience in the related field can take the course after completing a personal interview.
- For domestic students: $3,387
- For international students: $4,578
Duration: Eight months for full-time study but three years for part-time study.
- Data Analytics Courses in Dubai
- Data Analytics Courses in Qatar
- Data Analytics Courses in India
- Online Data Analytics Courses
7. Digital Business University of Applied Sciences (DBU)
DBU offers three years of B.Sc. degree in Data Science & Business Analytics to students in Berlin. The analytics course duration will be extended to six years if a student opts for the part-time mode of study. The student must pass the Goethe-Zertifikat C1 exam for language proficiency to study DBU.
- For the full-time mode of study, the total cost will be 18,720 euro
- In the case of part-time mode, the fee will be 20,880 euro
- In the first semester, The students deal with the introductory phase of data science programming, applied statistics, IT in business systems & business English communication.
- In the second semester, students are exposed to digital marketing, data management, AI in business, advanced mathematics & self-skill management.
- In the third semester, students learn human resource management, data mining as an exploratory data analysis technique, data science software, the legal aspect of predictive analytics & presentation skills with digital media.
- In the fourth semester, the student knows about the digitization of a business, machine learning in data science, and research methods.
- In the fourth semester, students learn teamwork while managing projects cost accounting, and practical projects on any one topic (Web Analysis, AI-Machine learning, Data processing). They must choose one elective subject among Blockchain, Business plan, Artificial intelligence, Security & data privacy.
- In the last semester, students deal mainly with their elective subject from last semester and thesis making for presenting in workshops.
8. Constructor University
Constructor University was known as “Jacobs University Bremen” till 2022. It offers an undergraduate Mathematics, Modeling, and Data Analytics program. It is a three years training with placement. No part-time schedule is available for now.
Tuition cost (changeable): 85,500 euro for three years or six semesters. A scholarship facility is available here for students.
- In the first year, students will learn various topics like Programming, Linear Algebra, Statistical modeling analysis, and Algorithmic data structure.
- Students will learn complex algebra analysis, mathematical discrete theory, machine learning models, and computational data analysis in the second year. The students have to take their specialization paper for the third year. The second year is the preparatory stage for specialization.
- In the final year, students must learn advanced modules for their specialization paper. This year is for thesis writing, internship training, and portfolio building.
9. SRH University Heidelberg
SRH is a private state-recognized university in Germany. It offers Applied Data Science and Analytics as a M.Sc. program. It is a full-time on-campus course of 4 semesters. The master’s program is delivered in English for international students.
Course fees (changeable):19,750 euro for European students. For non-European students, it is 26,800 euro for two years.
Data Analytics Courses in Germany structure:
- The first semester deals with case studies of machine learning, Visualization design, python data analysis, big data engineering, and data cleaning.
- In the second semester, students learn about language mining, storytelling dashboards, and international laws for ethics and privacy.
- The third semester is internship based, and a few papers like managing data with curation, deep analytics for advanced visualization, etc.
- The last semester is for completing the thesis after one-year professional experience inside a company.
- The student must have a bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field with programming knowledge.
- The student should pass TOEFL/ IELTS/Duolingo with a minimum defined score.
10. University of Marburg
Philipps University of Marburg is a German public university. The university offers a two-year master’s degree course in data science. The course is for both German and English speakers.
Tuition fees (volatile): The university charges zero course fees from domestic and international students for this course.
Eligibility: A candidate should complete a bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or other aligned branches of study. The university demands at least a C1 or a B1 level of the CEFR for English language proficiency, and they want a DSH-2 level of understanding for German language proficiency. They offer direct admission after completing all the requirements for these data analytics courses in Germany.
Topics: The whole two years course is project-based learning. However, the students will learn about data mining techniques, algorithms for managing the data, machine learning for scalable systems, and big data extraction procedure through data analytics software. A student has to choose any special paper for thesis making, like scientific computing for mathematical operations.
FAQs: Data Analytics Courses in Germany
1. Which is the best data analyst training for me among all the data analytics courses in Germany?
Although ‘best’ is subjective to every individual, you can decide the best training very quickly if you point out the two aspects of the course. The first aspect will be the course duration. For example, if you choose a certificate course, you have to spend 1 to 6 months in the study; for a diploma will be more or less 12 weeks; for graduation, it will be three years; and for a master’s, it will be two years. Now if you are new to this domain, you should start with a certificate course; if you like the course, you always have the option to study it further.
The second aspect will be the course fees you want to spend on the data analysis courses. If you are choosing a private institution, they are expensive compared to a public university. Many German public universities never charge any tuition fees to the student. You only have to bear your expenses like residence and food. Therefore your first option will be to target a public university for your education. The private counterpart is the last option for you.
2. What soft skills do you require for any data analytics courses in Germany?
Consider the six below-mentioned soft skill sets before applying-
- Curious & Inquisitive Mindset
- An analytical and logical approach to work
- A keen problem solver
- Interested in business strategies
- Love numbers & statistics
- A comfortable presenter
3. What are the types of data analysts?
It is impossible to assign any type to data analysts because, as many industries you can think of, that types of analysts are there, and The types are increasing every year. For your sake, I am naming the two types as medical analysts and business research analysts. There are hundreds more in the market. But you need to be sure that the nature of their job is the same, but the industries differ. They all visualize massive data.
4. What will be the scope of data analytics courses in Germany after five years?
As many days there are businesses worldwide, companies need business analytics to form the logical decision. It is not my assumption that let’s study the trends of a few years and the current year a little.
- Until 2027, the total spending of European companies will be on software expenses. It will be more than 27% in total. Services cost for the software technology spending will be more than 43%, where analytics will play a significant role. In 2027 90% of tech spending will be on IT services related in Europe. In 2021 more than 42% of European business entities bought cloud computing solutions for cost-effective loop analysis. In 2021 more than 15% of Ireland’s gross income came from selling digital services. At the same time, Switzerland ranked the most innovative economy in Europe in the same year because of its per capita spending on modern technologies. In 2022 Europe invested more than 250 million euros in cybersecurity platforms for the DORA regulation. Volkswagen will invest more than 5 billion euros in connected cars software models. European Health Data Space is expected to gain more than 9 billion social benefits for healthcare data research.
- In 2022 AI & Big Data had a share of more than 27% globally in venture capital because of AI uses in subsectors. These two sectors grew more than 75% in 2021-22 compared to 2017-18. Startups in Ukraine are expanding despite poor funding. Gaming, Fintech & Blockchain are the three sectors with an average growth rate of 8% in venture capital in 2022 compared to 2021. Europe has secured more than 40% top global ecosystem.
- If we see the recent investment trend in the US, we can see a few forecasts in the tech field, like the net worth of the AI industry will be more than 90 billion USD in the USA. The global cloud computing industry will be more than 720 billion USD industry. Cybersecurity will jump to a 195 billion USD market in 2025. The metaverse will cross the 370 billion USD mark by 2025. Robotics will be a 560 billion USD industry within 2030. The Internet of Things market will grow to more than 620 billion USD in 2023.
5. What does a data analyst do in real life?
If you are curious about the job roles of a data analyst, then in one sentence, there are lots of tasks apart from coding. I am explaining it gradually.
- First, they split their tasks into sprint cycles, allotting a short period (1-2 weeks) for a particular goal. But When do they do it? They do it after meeting their teammates. In a few cases, data analysts work from home; therefore, they have to rely on online meetings.
- The next step will be for them to process data and test data documents in Python coding, SQL database, or Excel spreadsheet. They look for data quality issues in case of missing data somewhere. If any data is missing, they ask business questions to achieve specific objectives.
- A data analyst documents every process for proper analysis for the clients.
- Data analysts create a visualization for communicating the findings to shareholders.
- The data analyst produces reports in two types. The first is through an interactive dashboard by Tableau, Power BI, or Looker. The second is through static presentation with charts and text.
- Python coding is a prime task of an analyst for writing new code blocks. Another data analyst in the company checks these codes. It is called the peer review process.
- Organizing a shareholder meeting is an everyday task for business analysts to coordinate the process.
- Documentation of the whole day’s work is necessary for tracking individual performance. What work you have already done, and what you have missed today?
- The final task will be to research the industry trend like Mathematics, code libraries, and webinars to update yourself with the industry domain.
Conclusion: Data Analytics Courses in Germany
Big data courses are of various types not only for their duration but also for their intersection with other fields. Therefore it is a field of different domain knowledge. In this article, I have tried to give you a concise view of the courses and other related information, but I couldn’t compare many things due to the word limit. Yet, your research is the first step to becoming a successful data analyst, which is your passion for this life.