Content writing is one of the most important aspects of any digital marketing plan. When you write effective, engaging, and compelling content, it can help you attract visitors to your website, drive leads through your sales funnel, and increase your brand’s visibility. There are many different ways to write content for your website and blog, so it’s essential to find the approach that works best for your business. In this article, we will talk about types of content writing, their importance, and the top 10 content writing courses in Malaysia.
What is Content Writing?
The process of developing, creating, and editing web content for online marketing is known as content writing. It can include writing blog posts, articles, scripts for videos and podcasts, and content for specific platforms. In other words, content writers are the brand’s storytellers. They convey meaningful, useful, and insightful messages to inspire and move an audience to take action.
How Does Content Writing Help Business?
Businesses use content to attract customers and forge close bonds with their audience, which eventually moves those people down the sales funnel. 87% of marketers use content to guide potential customers through different stages of the purchasing process. Below are some of the importance of content writing in business.
- Building brand awareness: Building a brand’s visibility is important for securing an industry position. Writing engaging, compelling, and original content helps your customers understand more about your company and your business concept.
- Improves the quality of the content: By writing content, you present your company’s ideas in various formats and on several channels. Customers can better grasp what your business does with regular content posting. They gain more knowledge about you and how you may be of service to them. As a result, people will be more interested in your business.
- Stand out from competitors: Many consumers may not become your brand’s loyalties that easily. Regular updates are a good way to keep people’s interest and compete with your competition for it.
- Boosts SEO: Marketing text needs to be carefully produced for SEO rankings to stay strong. Utilizing a few SEO-friendly content creation approaches, you can easily optimize your data. Although the material must be of high quality, contain the right amount of keywords, cover the right subject, and have the right amount of backlinks.
Types of Content Writing
Web content is classified into several types based on its format, purpose, and mode of communication. As a result, there are various types of content writing. Below are some of its types.
- Blog Writing: Blog writing or Blogging is the internet-based self-publication of writing and other media. Blogging began as a way for people to write diary-style entries, but it has since been integrated into the websites of many businesses. It is a great and adaptable way to express oneself and interact with others.
- Technical Writing: Technical writing is a form of communication used by professionals to convey information about specialized subjects. A technical writer creates content to provide instructions related to computer applications, finances, or medical procedures.
- Social Media Writing: Social media content writing refers to creating content for audiences, typically across multiple major social media platforms. It can be creating short captions for TikTok or Instagram Reels to writing lengthy LinkedIn articles.
- Creative Writing: Creative writing is any writing that deviates from professional, academic, or technical forms of literature. It all comes down to using one’s imagination and creativity to express ideas and thoughts in a way that is unique to them. This is opposed to any analytical or pragmatic writing style.
- SEO Writing: SEO writing refers to the process of creating content to rank on the first page of search engines such as Google. This is achieved through keyword research and optimized content that addresses the user’s intent.
- Email Marketing: Email marketing is the practice of sending an advertisement via email, typically to a large number of recipients. Email marketing can be interpreted broadly to include any email sent to a customer, current or potential. Emailing advertisements, business queries, or requests for donations or purchases falls under this category.
Content Writing Career Opportunities
A career in content writing is a highly respectable and well-paid position. There is ample opportunity for students and aspiring writers to become content writers with professional writing skills, sharp vision, and a large vocabulary. Below are some of the content writing career paths in 2023.
- Technical Writer: A technical writer is a professional writer who communicates complex information. The technical documentation includes product descriptions, user manuals, journal articles, tutorials, quick reference guides, and white papers. The average annual salary of a technical writer is RM 57,572.
- Copywriter: A copywriter writes clear, concise copy for advertisements and marketing materials. They work with web and graphic designers to ensure that their message is understood. The average annual salary of a copywriter is RM 36,990.
- Creative Writer: Creative writers write scripts, poetry, novels, and short stories in addition to biographies, essays, and articles. They also search for publications, where they would like to submit their writing. The average annual salary of a creative writer is RM 42,117.
- SEO Writer: An SEO writer uses the recognized components of search engine rankings to create content that is successfully optimized for them. They are fully conversant with both the appropriate content formatting and Google’s ranking factors. The average annual salary of an SEO writer is RM 38,000.
- Scriptwriter: A scriptwriter creates screenplays for plays, movies, and radio or television shows. They specialize in a specific kind of writing, such as serious drama or comedic writing. They also work on original compositions and tale adaptations. The average annual salary of a scriptwriter is RM 97,957.
- Blog Writer: Bloggers create content for their web pages or blogs, edit it, publish it, and promote it. The average annual salary of a blogger is RM 36,000.
Content Writing Courses in Malaysia
Content writers are essential in SEO, which is required for driving web traffic and sales. If you want to pursue a career in content writing, you can learn the technical skills required to excel in the field through various online courses and certifications. Below are the top 10 content writing courses in Malaysia.
1. IIM SKILL
Firstly we have IIM SKILLS in the list of content writing courses in Malaysia. It is a well-known Ed-Tech company with headquarters in New Delhi, India, and a strong presence throughout India and the Middle East. Vaibhav Kakkar founded it in 2015.
The Content Writing Master Course (CMCW) at IIM SKILLS instills confidence in students by encouraging them to write daily. It stands out from other content writing courses due to its proven effectiveness in improving writing skills and employability.
The course details for the content writing program are as follows:
- Module 1: Introduction to Content Writing
- Module 2: WordPress Web Development
- Module 3: Digital Content
- Module 4: Copywriting
- Module 5: Marketing Collaterals
- Module 6: Email Writing
- Module 7: Social Media Writing & Video Scripts
- Module 8: Creative Writing
- Module 9: SOP & Business Listing
- Module 10: Legal Writing
- Module 11: Technical Writing 101
- Module 12: SEO
- Module 13: Content Marketing
- Module 14: Affiliate Marketing & AdSense
- Module 15: Freelance Content Writing
- Module 16: Resume Writing
This form is currently undergoing maintenance. Please try again later.
- 16 hours of live classes
- 10 hours of online internship session
- 60 hours of assignment
- Free tools worth INR 35,000
- Freelance opportunities
- Lifetime membership
- Placement assistance
- Flexible hours
- Free demo class
4 weeks of live class along with 3 months of internship
782.85 Malaysian Ringgits+ GST
Customer Care No: +91 9580 740 740
Mail: IIM SKILLS (Co-Offiz) H B Twin Tower, Pitam Pura, New Delhi, Delhi 110034
2. The School of Digital Advertising
Next, we have The School of Digital Advertising. It is one of the best content writing courses in Malaysia as its goal is to train newcomers to public relations, marketing, and advertising to become marketing communications experts. The academy provides newcomers with brief courses that are filled with knowledge gleaned from years of experience in digital marketing and advertising.
The institute provides content writing and digital marketing training. The program includes instruction in various writing formats, including copywriting, creative writing, advertising, etc. The course is available online and has received positive feedback from its alumni.
Students will write assignments using the skills and rules they learned in the course, resulting in conversion content. Every task is evaluated by faculty with over 35 years of experience, and each participant receives feedback and suggestions for improvement.
The course content is divided into five modules for two days.
- Module 1: Advertisement
- Module 2: Principles of Advertising
- Module 3: Copywriting
- Module 4: Content Marketing
- Module 5: Content Writing
2 days live classes, 8 hours per day.
3,999 RM (For usuals)
2,799 RM (For early arrivals)
3. Knowledge Hut
Next, we have Knowledge Hut in the list of content writing courses in Malaysia. It is a leading global training provider for professionals in a wide range of industries and sectors. The training programs offered by the institute prepare corporate employees to face job challenges by bridging skill gaps and developing new expertise. Some of its courses are cloud computing, CSM, Big data, Scrum, Microsoft office products, etc.
Knowledge Hut’s program teaches content marketing by analyzing and interpreting data. Its courses are available in various formats, such as virtual classrooms, e-learning courses, classroom workshops, and blended learning. The training academy employs over 500 teachers and has trained over 250,740 alumni to excel in their careers.
Some of the course details for the content writing program are as follows:
- The role of content writers
- Creating Content
- Measuring results
- Article Writing
- Press Release
- B2B Marketing
8 hours of live classes
4. Excel Academy
Next, we have Excel Academy on the list of content writing courses in Malaysia. It is a well-known institute in the digital world. The institute has trained over 55000 professionals worldwide and has test centers in over 175 countries.
Excel Academy’s content writing courses in Malaysia stand out of all as the course teaches best practices in content marketing, such as effective social media messaging to increase website traffic. The DMI course program also discusses the importance of homepage keywords and the growing influence of voice search.
The syllabus is divided into five modules.
- Module 1: SEO Strategies
- Module 2: Keyword Planning & Voice Search
- Module 3: Creative Writing & Storytelling
- Module 4: Organizing Content & Marketing
- Module 5: Measuring Performance
10 hours of live classes
Mail: VSQ@PJ, Selangor
5. Digital Academy 360
Next, we have Digital Academy 360 on the list of content writing courses in Malaysia. It was launched in 2015. It started with three people and quickly expanded into an educational institution with around 100 faculty members. It quickly gained acclaim and is now recognized by the Indian Education Awards 2019 as one of India’s best digital marketing training academies. Today, it offers students the best education in digital marketing concepts and best practices.
Digital Academy 360 offers the best content writing courses in Malaysia as the academy’s courses help students improve their understanding of online marketing for products and services. Graphic design, content writing, animation, and UI and UX are among the institute’s standard courses. It also includes advanced and specialized modules.
Some of the course modules for the content writing course are as follows:
- How to write, share & publish content
- SEO-based web content writing
- Setting up a website using WordPress
- White paper writing
- Press Release
- Technical Writing
- Email Writing
To know about price details, visit their website.
Phone: +91 073535 15515
6. Tertiary Courses
Next, we have Tertiary Courses on the list of content writing courses in Malaysia. Tertiary Infotech, founded in Malaysia in May 2016, is a service division of Tertiary Infotech Pte. Ltd. in Singapore. It primarily focuses on training professionals, managers, executives, and technicians, to help students become more competent in the knowledge-based economy.
Their curriculum focuses on ICT, digital media, electronics, horticulture, and business administration. By the course’s end, students can create content that both humans and search engines will enjoy. They also provide post-course digital marketing assistance, from planning to execution. After achieving at least 75% attendance, students receive certificates from course graduates.
Some of the course details of the content writing program include the following:
- Introduction to content marketing
- Building a content creation framework
- Generating content ideas
- Creating Pillar pages
- Measuring and analyzing content
Phone: +60 3-7931 9658
Mail: Level 29, Tower A, Vertical Business Suite, Avenue 3, Bangsar South, No.8, Jalan Kerinchi, 59200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Online Content Writing Courses
- Content Writing Courses in Greece
- Content Writing Courses in Egypt
- Content Writing Courses in New Zealand
- Content Writing Courses in France
- Content Writing Courses in Ghana
7. Online Courses Malaysia
Next, we have Online Courses Malaysia on the list of content writing courses in Malaysia. It is an online learning platform with over 30 years of experience in education, advertising, and copywriting. The institute’s mission is to assist businesses and individuals in successfully utilizing digital marketing platforms.
Its online content writing course for beginners prepares students to write blog posts, search engine marketing, high-ranking content for websites, and SEO articles.
Following are some of the course modules:
- Introduction to Content Writing & Content Marketing
- Keys to effective writing
- Content writing for SEO
- Content element
- Using keywords in the content
- Understanding Google Analytics
3 hours online class with pre-recorded videos
8. Next Academy
Next, we have Next Academy. It stands out from other courses in Malaysia as it provides courses in digital marketing and coding. The academy has recently launched mini-courses in content writing, which are held once a month or more frequently depending on the updates.
The short course is designed for beginners to intermediate students. The mini-course is an excellent place to learn practical writing skills for business or personal blogs. There are many short content writing courses available in units for in-depth learning.
Some of its course modules include the following:
- Blog writing
- Press Release
- Article Writing
- Email writing
- Ads Copy
3.5 hours of live online instruction
Phone: +60 (3) 2935 9212
Mail: 73A Jalan SS20/11, Damansara Kim, 47400 Petaling Jaya
Next, we have Udemy on the list of content writing courses in Malaysia. It is a large online learning and teaching platform that serves people all over the world. There are over a million courses and excellent teachers available on the platform.
There are numerous content writing courses available on the platform but here we will only talk about ‘The Content Writing Course’ by Udemy. It has gained a 4.4/5 star rating from the public.
Some of its course modules include:
- Overview of Content Writing
- Plagiarism Checking
- Website Hosting
- SEO-based content writing
15 hours of self-paced learning
10. Henry Harvin
Next, we have Henry Harvin on the list of content writing courses in Malaysia. It is a global tech company that provides a wide range of products and services, including skill development programs, public programs, and corporate programs. Through over 200 reskilling and upskilling programs, the institute provides organizations and individuals with resources, modern technology, and standardized content.
Henry Harvin’s content writing course covers a wide range of topics. It is the most reputable course on the continent. The training program includes a globally recognized CDCW certification and exclusive gold membership. The course also prepares students to work as freelancers for international clients by improving their language and graphic skills.
Some of its course modules include the following:
- Language skills
- Blog, business & market writing
- Academic writing
- Creative writing
- Resume writing
- Soft skills development
36 hours of live classes
756 MYR (For self-paced learning)
Phone: +91 9891953953
Mail: Henry Harvin House, B-12 Sector-6 Noida (UP)- 201301
FAQs On Content Writing Courses in Malaysia
Q1. How to write effective content?
Good content is original and applicable. It is grammatically sound, properly referenced, unique, concise, and formatted correctly. If you use this technique while creating content, your content will gain likes, shares, and top search engine placements.
Q2. Is writing content difficult?
Yes, it is challenging to produce content. It can be difficult to come up with new, intriguing topics to write about, and it can be even harder to write effectively and make your readers interested in what you have to say. But as they say, practice makes perfect.
Q3. Can I start content writing if I have no prior experience?
You can work as a freelancer without any prior writing experience. But it’s not that easy. You’ll need to practice patience if you want to be successful as a freelance writer.
Q4. What are the 5 basic skills of writing?
Basic writing skills include sentence form, capitalization, punctuation, handwriting, typing, and spelling.
Q5. What are the four pillars of content writing?
Originality, relevance, engagement, and relevancy are the four cornerstones of content development that will assist you in producing high-quality material that performs well in search engines.