Do you want to take the best course in financial modeling but are confused about IIM Skills vs CFI financial modeling course? Do you wish to develop and hone your abilities in order to obtain your ideal position in the financial industry? The preparation of a financial model is vital for entrepreneurs to forecast the expansion of their organization. A financial model is a cornerstone for long-term optimization, diversification, improvement, cost estimation, etc. for major enterprises. Due to this, courses on effective financial modeling are in unprecedented demand. In order to fulfill the growing need and produce skilled workers, many institutes are now offering Financial Modeling courses. In this article, we will compare the IIM Skills vs CFI Financial Modeling course to help you decide which one is best for you.
What is Financial Modeling?
A structured mathematical formulation of data about an organization that covers all important components that constitute a firm’s financial side is referred to as “financial modeling.” In order to explain key facts regarding the organization’s financial status, it is the abstract representation of a company’s revenues and costs that is presented in spreadsheet software. Based on historical data, it is created in order to predict the business’s future performance and carry out essential tasks. In order to make more informed decisions, function better, and foresee both positive and negative future prospects, business organizations can greatly benefit from using financial models.
The fundamental competency required for roles in investment banking, equity analysis, portfolio management, project finance, credit analysis, monetary designing & analysis, etc. is financial modeling. You can develop the skills necessary to fit into these profiles, become a successful investor, or assist your start-up in acquiring money.
Financial modeling may be a fundamental skill that is almost required for everyone. Since it is useful for bidding, definite payback, the utility of campaigns, etc., it is essential for everyone looking to launch their own business and even beneficial for sales and marketing specialists.
What Is a Financial Modeling Course?
Are you questioning what is a course in financial modeling and how to choose the best program for IIM Skills vs CFI financial modeling course? It might be a collection of models that represent the operations of a business in the past, present, and predicted future. These models are intended to be used as instruments for making decisions. They may be used by top management to anticipate the expenses and profits of a suggested development task.
Financial analysts use them to demonstrate or predict how unforeseen circumstances, including internal ones like altering a plan or monetization strategies and external ones like altering a policy decision, may affect a company’s stock price. Financial modeling is a popular technique for determining a company’s financial performance or contrasting it with businesses in the same sector.
They are also used in the tactical assessment to assess a variety of circumstances, determine the value of recent earnings, choose budgets, and allocate corporate resources. Whenever an in-depth comprehension of the sector is gained, a financial modeling course is developed. The analysts have an understanding of how the company runs and how various outside factors could affect it.
Additionally, businesses must be aware of predicted improvements and be prepared to take a statement. Organizations that produce revenue modeling will therefore view their procedures accordingly since the factors impacting them are more significant than some of those influencing their counterparts and they are ready for any unpredictable situation.
Career Opportunities After Financial Modeling Course
- Financial analyst.
- Anti-money laundering specialist.
- Investment banking associate.
- Risk management
- Executive director in clearance services.
- Regulatory reporting analyst.
- Financial market advisor.
- Equity research associate.
- Merger and acquisition associate.
- Revenue Collector
- Economic Advisor
- Financial Modeler
- Tax Analyst
- Equity Research Analyst
- Risk Manager
IIM Skills vs CFI Financial Modeling Course
When choosing a course that will benefit your professional life, it is essential to be aware of the institution where you will attend the course. The reputation and evaluations of the institute are important factors. Financial modeling courses are offered by numerous trustworthy organizations. The educational institutes that offer financial modeling courses are cognizant of the market’s current demands. Excel is the most important tool utilized in this subject, hence it is used and taught in classes. You will also get thorough training on how to use Excel sheets on a regular basis.
IIM Skills pioneered the Financial Modeling online course for students and professionals pursuing careers in finance. Other organizations, such as the Corporate Finance Institute (CFI), have emerged to provide comparable programs in 2016. Despite the fact that both IIM Skills and CFI have a variety of products, they both have a “full” flagship package that contains the skills that are considered to be “essential” to investment banking financial modeling. The contrasts and similarities between the programs will be outlined in this post, along with an explanation of why IIM Skills is still the best option.
This article will compare IIM Skills vs CFI Financial modeling course, the top 2 programs which are currently available on the market. IIM SKILLS and CFI both provide quality training in addition to being highly known. You could therefore be perplexed when deciding which college offers the best Financial Modeling education. We will provide you with a thorough study of both articles in this post, covering all the important details. Based on this study, you could select the one that best suits your requirements. We try to cover all the important factors while comparing the courses to help you choose the best available course.
Detailed comparison of the IIM Skills vs CFI Financial Modeling Course
On the below-mentioned points, we have briefed all the points with key features of the IIM Skills vs. CFI Financial Modeling Course. Now let us start comparing IIM Skills and CFI Financial Modeling Course.
A great place to learn financial modeling is IIM Skills. They offer in-depth instruction in which they teach students how to understand the terminology realistically since they think that using practical ways may make even the most difficult concepts simple. Students can get in touch with them whenever they want to contact them thanks to their fantastic support network. Even after the course is over, if you ever need help, just send them a message, and they will be there to help you out.
IIM SKILLS enables you to reach your goals with top-notch professional courses that boost your competence, improve your presentation skills, and excel in your working life. These courses are applicable to both careers and industries. The course material is carefully planned to help students develop their abilities and receive the best instruction.
The greatest way to inspire you to improve your financial modeling skills is to enroll in the full financial modeling course. It focuses on developing your skills while giving you a good foundation for understanding how to construct financial models. You can develop financial literacy and be prepared for employment after the course by merging technical financial abilities with soft skills in the right way. You will be able to give it your all thanks to the insider information about the market that this career-focused course provides.
Course Key Features
Presently, financial models are an essential component of every commercial organization. As more companies realize the value of financial modeling and skilled financial modelers, there is a high need for finance professionals. As a result, financial modeling is currently a highly sought-after expert for finance professionals in both India and internationally.
- Personalized educational experience
At IM SKILLS, where you’ll get one-on-one attention, you can talk about your problems during mentorship sessions. To guarantee that you comprehend each chapter, the teammates and mentors go above and beyond. These mentoring sessions will help you fully comprehend the elements that make up the professional course program. They will help you identify your professional skills and weaknesses so you can develop.
- Assignments for classes
If you want to boost confidence and manage complex professional tasks quickly and efficiently, it is imperative that you sharpen your abilities with significant real-world project exposure. To assist students in thoroughly understanding all the challenging topics and sections, the Financial Modeling course provided by IIM SKILLS contains a substantial number of real-world problems. The amount of time allotted for these hands-on practices is significant. You have full knowledge of how to apply everything that you have studied in the course to real-world scenarios.
- Faculty with Specialized knowledge
You will receive the most complete training possible in the many professional courses from the greatest educators in the area, who have years of experience. Not only do they transmit information, but they also offer helpful advice on how to increase production and progress in your career.
- Lifetime LMS access
All course resources and session recordings are archived in the learning management system, which is incredibly user-friendly and available around the clock. This LMS is available to use always. Additionally, the LMS is regularly updated, and its content is revised to take into account modifications to the online environment. In order to give you access to the most up-to-date knowledge, the course content is continuously updated to reflect the most latest developments.
- Assistance With Placement
You can rely on IIM SKILLS to give you the essential post-course support and employment advice. They offer specialized soft skill training programs that increase your self-assurance during interviews. You acquire interview abilities and transform into a sophisticated professional. They assist you in preparing for the interview as well as your resume so you can master it and earn your dream job.
- Certifications with international recognition
After completion of the course, you can collaborate with customers wherever in the globe because IIM Skills’ credentials are well-known. Following successful completion of the course and a test score of at least 50%, you are awarded a Master’s Certification.
Recommended Articles to Read
IIM SKILLS Financial Modeling Course Review
Financial Modeling Courses in India
Online Financial Modeling Courses
Course Complete Module
IIM SKILLS offers a financial modeling course curriculum to help students get market-level jobs while adhering to financial industry standards; this program may be securely acknowledged as the top financial modeling course. The course offers modules –
- Basic and Advanced Excel
- Introduction and understanding of the Ribbon
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Regular use functions- Vlookup, Index, etc
- Rules of Conditional Formatting
- Data Validation
- Table functions
- Pivot tables, Pivot Charts, and Slicers
- Different types of charts and graphs
- Sensitivity analysis
- Delimit and Flash Fill
- Return functions
- What-If analysis
- Accounting Concepts and Financial Statements
- Key Accounting Fundamental concepts
- Concepts of keyline items
- Concept of Comprehensive Income
- Relevance of Notes
- Preparing common size financial statements
- Reading of Annual Report
- Ratio/KPI Analysis
- Types of Ratios
- Activity Ratios
- Liquidity Ratios
- Solvency Ratios
- Profitability Ratios
- DuPont formula
- Valuation Ratios
- Basic and diluted EPS
- Financial Summary
- Basics of Financial Modeling
- Structure for a financial model
- Creating Scenarios
- Building Revenue
- Preparing different schedules
- Projecting financial statements
- Error tracking skills
- Formatting tips
- Addition of cover page
- Types of Financial Models
- LBO Model
- Three-Statement Projection Model
- M&A Model
- Private Equity Return Model
- 13-Week Cash Flow Model
- Business Valuation
- Relative Valuation
- DCF Valuation
- NAV Approach
- Football field analysis
- Valuation Output
- Valuation Report
- Pre-money and Post-money valuation
Course Name: Online Financial Modeling Course
Duration: 3 months + 2 months guaranteed internship
Course Fees: INR 39,900 + Taxes
Contact: +91 9911839503
Email: [email protected]
CFI – Corporate Finance Institute
The most well-known platform for financial education, certifications, and training programs is CFI, which was founded in 2016. With productivity tools, certifications, and online training for financial modeling, valuation, lending, securities, capital markets, data science, business intelligence, cryptocurrencies, and more, it provides the best resource for financial professionals globally. Leading educators, innovative curriculum developers, and proprietary technologies enable this.
You will learn the fundamental skills needed to do accurate financial analysis through CFI’s Financial Modeling & Valuation Analyst (FMVA) Certification Program. Financial models play a significant role in decision-making in the modern financial industry. Students can discover the best ways to arrange their models to inspire confidence in the decision-making stakeholders by taking our recommended financial modeling courses.
The Financial Modeling & Valuation Analyst FMVA certification may help you advance your expertise in all aspects of accounting and finances, improve the efficiency of the planning and forecasting procedure, and enhance your financial modeling skills. The FMVA certification provides all the information, skills, and strategies required to become the world’s best professional economist.
Learning Objectives & Skill Categories
- Describe the interrelationships between all the components and highlight important elements in the financial statements.
- Describe the basic accounting concepts that form the basis of the specific accounting rules.
- Describe the main accounting principles that financial analysts frequently come with and how they affect financial statements and financial models.
- Use Excel’s keyboard shortcuts to expedite tasks and increase productivity.
- Utilize pivot tables, data tables, and other standard functions to carry out data analysis.
- To improve the functionality of financial models, use complex formulas and functions.
- Describe the key ideas behind capital investments, the capital-raising process, various financing options, and the ideal capital structure.
- Using basic financial measurements and analytical techniques, evaluate a company’s profitability, efficiency, returns, and value.
- To evaluate patterns and linkages within collections of data, use key statistical measures.
- Build a 3-statement financial model that is dynamic, logically planned, and well-structured.
- Make multi-year projections for the balance sheet, cash flow, and income statement.
- Create a solid financial prediction by utilizing a variety of forecasting strategies.
- Utilize variance analysis and other tools to compare actual performance to the planned amounts.
- Examine how a variance analysis affected the financial statements, and utilize the findings to make budgeting better.
- To communicate the findings of financial analysis, use smart dashboards and cutting-edge data visualization techniques.
- Excel allows you to create visually appealing and insightful tables, graphs, and charts.
- Create compelling presentations to deliver important messages to a range of audiences.
- Establish distinctions between the various tiers of a company’s strategy
- Analyze internal and external factors, and evaluate how they affect a company’s competitive edge.
- Create, assess, and choose the best strategic options, then connect them to a company’s mission, vision, and goals.
- Run sensitivity and scenario assessments to strengthen the stability of the financial model.
- Describe the various valuation techniques and the advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Analyze the value of the business using comparable companies and prior deals.
- Create a DCF model in Excel by computing the weighted average cost
Course Complete Module
Step 1: Prep Course
There are 7 elective courses available to learn or review the fundamentals.
- Accounting Fundamentals
- Capital IQ Fundamentals
- Corporate Finance Fundamentals
- Excel Fundamentals
- Macabacus Fundamentals
- Reading Financial Statements
Step 2: Core Course
Build a solid foundation in financial modeling and valuation by completing the 11 required courses.
- Accounting Principles and Standards
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Building 3 Statement Financial Modeling
- Business Valuation Modeling Part I
- Business Valuation Modeling Part II
- Dashboards & Data Visualisation
- Financial Analysis Fundamentals
- FP&A Monthly Cash Flow Forecast Model
- Powerpoint & Pitchbooks
- Professional Ethics
- Scenario & Sensitivity Analysis in Excel
Step 3: Elective Course
To investigate more complex topics and specialist disciplines, pick no less than 3 electives from the available 19.
- Advanced Excel Formulas & Functions
- Case Study – Financial Statements
- Corporate & Business Strategy
- ESG Integration & Financial Analysis
- Excel VBA for Finance
- Leveraged Buyout LBO Modeling
- Mergers & Acquisitions Modeling
- Mining Financial Model & Valuation
- Modeling Risk with Monte Carlo Simulation
- Operational Modeling
- Power BI Fundamentals
- Power Pivot Fundamentals
- Power Query Fundamentals
- Presentation of Financial Information
- Real Estate Financial Modeling
- Renewable Energy – Solar Financial Modeling
- Startup/e-Commerce Financial Model & Valuation
- The Amazon Case Study
Step 4: Final Assessment
You must pass the FMVA® final test with a minimum score of 70% to receive your program certification after finishing the necessary courses.
Step 5: Get Certified
Once the course is over, you will receive a blockchain digital certificate containing your new credentials. You can also order a tangible certificate that will be sent to your house.
Course: Certified Financial Modeling & Valuation Analyst (FMVA)
FAQs Regarding The IIM Skills vs CFI Financial Modeling Course
● What is the top online program for financial modeling?
In the above article, we have mentioned a detailed comparison of IIM Skills vs CFI financial modeling course. You can choose any of them but we recommend before enrolling in any course do attend the free demo sessions offered or do thorough research.
● What distinguishes IIM Skills vs. CFI Financial Modeling courses from other options on the market?
There are several instances of individuals advancing in their jobs in assessments from students who have successfully completed Financial Modeling courses. The tools at their disposal have a proven track record of supporting learners in getting further into jobs of their aspirations. The education program is extremely realistic and replicates the experience it would be like to receive specialized training as a financial analyst. There is also a tonne of information available via free career resources. Due to the special combination of each of these components, each of these courses differentiates itself from the competition in terms of providing you with the resources you need to build a successful career.
● What kind of pay can we anticipate from a job in financial modeling?
The compensation ranges from 5 to 12 lakhs per year, depending on your skills and job proficiency.
Conclusion and Analysis of IIM Skills vs. CFI Financial Modeling Course Comparison
Our society is evolving. You must continually alter who you are if you want to remain relevant in this society. The traditional methods of living are not trustworthy. A corporation’s expectations of its employees have evolved as well.
The financial area of any industry continues to be its most important part, therefore having knowledgeable and skilled staff is crucial. You are very unlikely to have these abilities as a novice. A course like financial modeling was created as a result to provide a professional perspective.
To fully understand the course content and teaching approach of the IIM Skills vs CFI financial modeling course, it is strongly advised that you attend the free demo classes before enrolling in the course. It is advised that you visit both of these institutes’ websites and conduct a thorough analysis if you are undecided about which one is best for you.
In order for you to make judgments based on facts, the major goal of making a comparison article on the IIM Skills vs. CFI Financial Modeling Course was to inform you about the technical components of the course. We hope that the article comparing the courses has made your work easier and moved you a step closer to signing up for your ideal program.