Financial modeling is creating a summary of a company’s expenses and earnings using excel spreadsheets. Companies use financial modeling techniques to forecast how future events or other activities affect business. It also helps to identify risks and opportunities to determine the value of a business. It’s also used by financial analysts to predict how businesses impact stock prices. Financial modeling courses in Sydney are gaining a lot of searches as the need for a financial analyst along with a financing modeling certificate helps you to reach the next level in your professional career.
The forecast is based on the future and the company’s performance in recent years. It helps companies in the decision process:
- Does the company require more funds?
- The current valuation of a business is enough to make mergers and acquisitions
- Can the company expand its business operations?
Uses of Financial Modeling
- It helps in the valuation of the business.
- It aids in mergers and acquisitions and can be decided whether to move forward with another entity or acquire it.
- Financial models help you to estimate your returns from a business you are going to invest in.
- This helps companies to take the right decision to expand their business operations and increase the profitability of the company.
- Financial models are used by stakeholders for a better understanding of their invested money.
- With the help of financial modeling, you can decide whether to raise capital via debt or equity.
Basic Terminology in Financial Modeling to Keep in Mind Before We Start Financial Modeling Course:
- Identify key items on financial statements and describe their interrelationship
- Explains the fundamental accounting principle
- Identify key standards in accounting by financial analysts and explain the impact of financial statements and financial models
- Utilize the keyboard shortcuts to save time and be efficient in Excel
- Conducting data analysis using data tables, pivot tables
- Use advanced formulas and functions to enhance the functionality of the financial model
- Explaining key concepts and capital investments from a different form of financing
- Assess the profitability, efficiency, returns, and value of a business using common financial ratios & analytic tools
- Use statistical measures to assess trends and relationships with a set of data
- Building a well designed 3 statement financial model
- Create multi-year forecasts for the income statement, cash flow, and balance statement
- Perform scenarios and sensitivity analysis to enhance the robustness of the financial model
- Identify different menologies and discuss each financial tools
- Performing a valuation analysis using the comparable company and transaction analysis
- Calculating the weighted average cost of capital
Budgeting & Forecasting
- Apply various techniques to develop a robust financial forecast
- Track actual performances against the budgeted amount using the variance technique
- Analyzing the impact of variance analysis based on financial statements and using their results to improve the budgeting process for a business
Presentation & Visuals
- Creating insightful dashboards and advanced data visualization techniques which help to communicate financial analysis
- Creating insightful charts, graphs, and tables in excel
- Designing an impactful presentation to communicate key messages to a wide variety of audiences.
- Building different levels of company strategy
- Perform an analysis of external forces and internal competencies based on the company’s financial model
- Generate, evaluate and optimal strategic alternatives and tie these to the company’s mission, vision, and goals
Why is Financial Modeling Important?
Business needs a financial analyst acting as an imaginary mirror for the business. It helps to see and reflect on the risk and returns based on developed models and strategies. Forecasting and budgeting can be analyzed with the help of variance analyzer tools in excel. This helps to represent your company concerning numbers.
The decision about mergers and acquisitions, raising capital, investments, disinvestment, & planning business growth has to be prepared with the use of financial modeling. Enrolling yourself in the best financial modeling courses in Sydney can help you learn more about financial modeling.
Check Out the Best 5 Online Financial Modeling Courses in Sydney
1. IIM SKILLS
IIM SKILLS is one of the best online institutes for learning financial modeling with practical sessions. The financial modeling course has been designed by financial experts from the industry with immense practical knowledge. Students can also learn from books and case studies.
The course is designed in such a way that a certified financial modeling candidate from IIM SKILLS will be placed after the course as they get a clear picture and understanding of the industry. Practical online interactive sessions with the students create a change in the way of learning new modules. A financial modeling course will help uplift and upgrade your professional career.
Course Name: Financial Modeling Course (Online)
Course duration: 3 Months + 2 months internship (Paid/unpaid)
Course Fees: 723.73 AUD excluding Tax
The Financial Modeling Course Program is Divided Into 6 Modules in Detail Below:
Module 1: Basic and Advanced Excel
- Introduction to MS Excel and Ribbon
- Shortcuts in the keyboard
- Time value functions
- Regular use of functions like Vlookup, Hlookup, Match, Index, Sumifs, averages, etc
- Conditioning formatting tools
- Table functions
- Dynamic array functions
- Introduction to macros
- Pivot table options
Module 2: Accounting concepts and Financial Statements
- Fundamentals of key accounting
- Understanding income statements, cash flow statements & balance sheets
- Comprehensive income concept
- Understanding of the relationship between three financial statements
- Financial statement preparation
- Importance of Notes of different accounts
Module 3: Ratio /KPI Analysis
- Types of ratio
- Activity of ratio
- Liquidity ratio
- Profitability ratio
- DuPont formula
- Valuation ratios
- Basic and diluted EPS
- Financial Summary
Module 4: Basics of Financial model
- Structure for Financial Model
- Building revenue
- Creating scenarios
Module 5: Different Types of Financial Models
- LBO Model
- M&A Model
- Private Equity Return Model
- 13-week cash flow model
Module 6: Business Evaluation
- Relative Valuation
- Trading and Transaction compounds
- DCF Valuation
- NAV approach for valuation
Key Benefits of Financial Modeling Course from IIM SKILLS
- Live workshops and interactive sessions
- Practical case study discussions
- Getting lifetime access to the LMS portal for your future reference
- Building a financial model based on the application
- Flexible batches are available at your convenience
- Recorded sessions are available if you miss any of the sessions
- Well-experienced mentors with Industry experience
- Industry-relevant courses designed by industry professionals
- Guaranteed job interviews and placement assistance
- Assisting in building resume and interview tips
- One-to-one doubt can be cleared with a special request
- 100% money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied
Tools Used in Financial Modelling
Who Should Attend the Financial Modeling Course
All individuals who want to uplift their knowledge in the field of financial models. Middle to senior-level managers from different industries.
All the professionals who are dealing with financial modeling in their organization. Consultants, advisors, and other professionals who wish to improve their financial modeling skills.
To know more details about the course:
Contact Number: +91 9580 740 740
2. Pivotal 180
Pivotal 180 has re-imagined financial training and created a novel approach that defines esoteric rules and techniques using simple and illustrative examples with quantitative demonstrations. They have got a network of students from the Middle East, Africa, Asia, Europe, and Australia and worked in-house as interns learning and working with partners. Students here also get placement assistance from good Multinational companies.
Course Name: Renewable Energy Project -Finance Modeling
Course Duration: 8 weeks
Course Fees: USD 900
Module 1: Pre-course material
- Course Overview
- Basics of Renewable Energy Projects and the importance of financial modeling
- Excel functions
- Shortcuts, named ranges, and data validation
- Best practice principle
- Best practice – Flags & accounts
- Net Present Value(NPV) and internal rate of return (IRR)
Module 2: Introduction to Project Finance
- Introduction to Project finances
- Typical Investment structure
- Tax & legal implications
- Timelines and cashflow
- Risk and Return
- Different parties in the deal
Module 3: Project Finance Term Loans
- Impact of leverage of loan
- Types of lenders
- Principal repayment options
- Debt service cover ratio
- Sculpting and sizing debt
- Understanding a facility agreement
- Cash sweeps
- Bullet, balloon, and mini-perm repayments
Module 4: Generation and Grid
- Capacity versus energy
- The capacity factor for different technologies
- Power curves and forecasting
- Calculating P50 and P99 generation
- Developing energy generation calculations
- Probability analysis in determining P-factors
Module 5: Selling Energy
Module 6: Costs
Module 7: Waterfall and Cashflow summary
Module 8: Debit service reserve account
Module 9: Construction Phase
Module 10: Depreciation & Tax
Module 11: Tax Equity
Module 12: Returns
Module 13: Core Outputs
Module 14: Model quality check & optimizing a deal model
This course covers a broad set of topics that helps other professionals in the field of renewable energy. They are providing the best financial modeling courses in Sydney with placement assistance for their students. They have a big network of MNCs as their clients where students get the opportunity to work under their guidance to gain real practical knowledge of what they learned through online sessions.
What’s included in this financial modeling course?
- 12 months of access to their online material available
- A full course curriculum designed for financial modeling that is required in the field of Renewable Energy Projects, financial modeling courses in Sydney.
- A complete step-by-step model walk through the course
- Practical learning of EXCEL Tools required for financial modeling
- Students can access online forums for ongoing question discussions
- Membership to the Pivotal180 alumni network
Who should attend:
This course will benefit following people to boost their professional career
- Analysts, associates, investors, developers, and operating entities to standardize approaches to financial modeling and to solve problems
- Senior experienced professionals to uplift their skill
- Students who wish to enter the financial service industry can be completed online mode
- Financial Modeling Courses in Dublin
- Financial Modeling Courses in Melbourne
- Financial Modeling Courses in Kenya
- Financial Modeling Courses in London
- Financial Modeling Courses in Hong Kong
- Financial Modeling Courses in Dubai
3. The University of Sydney – Financial Modeling Course
This course provides an introduction to disciplines and techniques underpinning the requirements today in the field of financial models that are transparent to use. Professional finance modelers have designed the course to try and test best practice techniques that are the lessons to be learned.
The course is taught engagingly by making use of real case studies embedded throughout. This course is of 60-hour which is much more comprehensive and self-learning through an online learning management system. Financial modeling courses in Sydney can help you to take on a new set of responsibilities in your organization.
Course Fees: $890
Course duration: 60 hours (Approximately 120 days, Online)
Financial modeling foundations
- Fundamental concepts of financial modeling
- WHY? For whom? And how to build finance modeling
- Excel 101 introduction to function and formulas available in Microsoft Excel
- Introduction to Excel functions
- Introduction to a framework for problem-solving
- Complex Business Concepts into simple financial modeling
Revenue and Expenditure
- Key drivers of business
- Variable and semi-variable components
- Learning how to generate a capital expenditure program
- How to model corporate tax
- Depreciation techniques
Integrated financial statements
- Introduction to Financial Statements (Income, Balance, and cash flow statement)
- Understanding the integration of three statements in financial models
- Constructing the income statement and cash flow statement
- Concept of Time value money
- Net present value calculation and its significance
- Financial ratios
- Inbuild excel functions for NPV, and IRR and how to address them
- Key control techniques
- To learn the importance of embedding checks and alerts in financial models
- To handle errors
- Risk and return management through financial modeling
By the end of this course, you will be able to :
- Review and create financial models against best practice principles
- Construct and design financial models that adhere to best practice
- Analyze and break down complex problems into simple conceptual models
- Evaluate and apply spreadsheets and analyzing techniques to solve problems
- Evaluating the use of financial models and describing the value to understand the current financial situation.
- To analyze the potential future performance of a business
- To communicate confidently and effectively within a business, using the tools and techniques of financial modeling
Course Delivery Style
You will have approximately 120 days to complete this course at your pace from the day of enrolment. Learning is through self-study with an Online learning portal. You can work through course materials at your convenience. It helps you to learn financial modeling courses in Sydney anywhere being among your working schedule.
- Recorded session videos (step-by-step guidance on the construction of case study model)
- Activities to reinforce the concepts learned
- Open discussions of the concept
- Excel formulas, practical problem solving
At all stages, you will have access to facilitate any answer and help troubleshoot with any elements. Their financial modeling courses in Sydney help aspirants who would like to take an online course that helps in value addition to their profession, career, or business.
4. Plum Solutions
Course Name: Advanced Financial Modeling in Excel
Plum Solutions, one of the best in the industry delivers financial modeling courses with a proper foundation and framework. They deliver a series of financial modeling courses in Sydney along with other services, workshops, and training classes.
Financial Modeling Online Series:
- Financial Modeling for Non-Financial Modelers
- Financial Modeling in Excel (Intermediate)
- Advanced Financial Modeling in Excel
In the ever-changing business environment, being able to accurately model and forecast volatile economic change and related inputs is a critical skill for a professional. The financial modeling courses in Sydney are one of the merging online courses taken up by more working professionals.
Course duration: 12 months plus 6 months internship (Paid/Unpaid)
Course fees: AUD 240 excluding GST
How the Online Courses work
- Each course replaces a 9 to 5 classroom studying into a self-studying classroom
- Students can watch and listen to web-based videos
- Filling out online review quizzes throughout the course and building a financial model
- Excel activities and building own financial case study. Reviewing at the end of the course
- Online reviews on assessments take up to 6-7 hours to complete
- Once you get enrolled, you can finish the course at your ease with full-time online assistance
- The recorded videos can be paused, rewound, play, and rewatch any of the videos as many times as you want to during your 12-month access period
- Each course is made up of 4-5 modules
- Each of the courses contains around 3-5 hours of video content, live classrooms, and excel instruction for screenshots
- Sample models and exercises that aspirants should attempt and submit
- Study material, PDF notes, real case studies
Modules in this Course:
3.1. Theory and Best Practice
- Overview of best financial modeling technique
- Excel versions and Excel functions
- Common excel errors in financial modeling
- Rounding of errors
- Locating and fixing circular reference
- Allowing iterative calculations
3.2. Advanced Tools & Functions
- Selecting required Excel tools for financial modeling
- Nesting formulas
- Different Functions in excel
- Lookup functions
- Pros and cons of using array functions and their usage in financial modeling
- Keyboard shortcuts for excel functions
3.3. Advanced Techniques
- Rebuilding an existing model
- Breaking complex formulas into several steps to maintain transparency
- Module auditing
- Model escalation and growth calculation
- Creating waterfall chart in Excel
- Automate your financial model to use macros
- Recording and modifying VBA code and macro buttons
3.4. Scenarios and Sensitivity Analysis
- Learning different scenario outcomes simultaneously on different tools
- Business Analysis
- Growth analysis with different financial modeling tools
- Recording business macro details with pivot table functions
3.5 Practical Financial Modelling
- Applying advanced modeling tools to build complex models
- Find practical solutions for each financial model
- Factory rollout model useful for startup funding and financial modeling
- Calculation of revenue & cost of production to estimate budgets
- Preparing final report with emphasizing a link on profit and loss statement, cash flow, and balance sheets.
Based on the three-course curriculum, provided by Plum solutions financial modeling courses in Sydney, will be able to build their financial case study. They will be able to perfume stress testing, scenario, and sensitivity analysis on their model.
What you will Get through the course program
- A certificate of completion
- Online assistance during the course
- 4 weeks free subscription to the Plum Solutions Financial Modeling Support Center upon completion of the course
To know more details, you can contact Plum Solutions via
Contact number: +61 283306646
5. Corporate Finance Institute
Course: Financial Modeling and Valuation Analysts (FMVA)
CFI’s financial modeling & Valuation analysts certification program will teach you the essential skills required to excel in the financial sector. Financial models are a crucial part of decision-making in the industry today. Learners get the best online financial modeling courses in Sydney from CFI along with the knowledge of Valuation Analysts.
The scope of certified online financial modeling and valuation analysts has been increasing in each industry because business deals with money. Money needs to be accounted and hence building financial models based on each business enterprise has become mandatory today. For such evaluations and creating financial models, the industry requires financial analysts who know the usage of excel tools.
Course Fees & Duration: $ 497/year
Outcomes of this Course Program
- Study and critique financial models against the best industry standards
- Planning and constructing financial model as per requirement
- Usage of Excel tools to evaluate the financial models.
- Helps to communicate the best financial impact based on the financial model opted for business
Module 1: Introduction
- Accounting fundamentals
- Reading Financial statements
- Excel fundamentals- formulas for finance
- Corporate finance fundamentals
- Maths for corporate finance
- Financial Analysis Fundamentals
- Accounting principles and standards
- Operational Modelling
- DCF Valuation model
- 3 Statement modeling
- Budgeting & Forecasting
- FP&A Monthly cash flow statements
- Scenario and sensitivity analysis
- Dashboards and Data Visualization
- PowerPoint and pitchbooks
- Professional ethics
1. Which is the best online financial modeling course?
An effective financial modeling course will benefit the aspirants to learn and have practical experience with ongoing projects. IIM SKILLS is providing financial modeling courses for affordable amounts and students can also get lifetime access to their learning management portal.
2. Is it worth spending money on financial modeling courses in Sydney?
Australia is an emerging country in today’s economy. Professionals, financial analysts, mid-level managers, and senior-level managers can upgrade their financial models with the help of excel tools. They can plan and build new financial models according to market standards.
3. Will the financial modeling course advance my career?
Financial modeling courses have helped professionals to make successful transitions into the career of their dream. Online financial modeling courses in Sydney have gained a lot of importance in recent times as economic conditions are being varied as the business progresses each day. A financial modeler is an expert in excel functions, forecasting, and budgeting, using variance analysis based on impacts from financial statements.
4. What are the skills required for financial modeling?
- The person building the financial model should have the ability of problem-solving approach and should be able to present their work in clear and understandable formats.
- Having good knowledge of financial models. People should understand income statements, balance statements, and cash flow statements.
- They should know how to make a good financial model with the use of historical facts and assumptions.
- The financial model looks more communicating in the form of graphs, charts, and tables. It helps in decision-making, hence result has to be reflected during the financial analysis.
5. What jobs use Financial modeling? Can I get a job after the financial modeling courses in Sydney?
- Different types of jobs are available after completing the course in Financial modeling as follows:
- Investment Banker
- Equity Analysts
- Market Research Analysts
- Financial Managers and Financial analysts
- After acquiring the skill of financial modeling, a candidate can start his or her work in equity research companies, in private financial institutions. Earnings can be up to USD 3000 per annum at the initial stage of the career.
Taking up a financial modeling course is beneficial as you get to learn and comprehend different skills required to enhance the decision-making process. It helps to make robust and simple financial models. It is one of the important skills that is required to excel in the financial sector. Being a certified financial modeler/analyst in Sydney will help to uplift the lifestyle and economics of your well-being. Take a proper step after reading this article. Hopes you can select the best financial modeling courses in Sydney which will add more colors to your professional career.