Financial modeling certifications empower students to acquire an in-depth understanding of financial concepts and valuation methods. It entails understanding the structure of financial statements and the components that comprise these financial documents.
The finance domain is vast and requires a meticulous approach and mental prowess to imbibe the characteristics of these financial documents. Whether it is a Cash Flow statement, balance sheet, profit and loss account, depreciation, or KPIs, these concepts need to be understood well to create viable financial models that will reap positive results for the business.
Moreover, it is through a judicious step-by-step analysis of these financial elements do we achieve the level of comprehension where we can effectively create financial models that speak of the company’s financial standing and what steps to pursue to propel the business towards even greater prosperity.
Some of the skills that you learn in financial modeling certifications are as follows:
Financial Modeling entails that you understand, analyze, and read data properly to be able to provide valuable techniques for the businesses to prosper. This requires impeccable mental acuity, superior analytical skills, and a keen eye for detail.
You should be able to distill all the requisite information available from the mountain of data presented to you. Finance and accounting concepts, jargon, and terms should be clear to you. Furthermore, you should continuously upgrade your knowledge about these components to create efficient financial models with necessary valuation methods.
Here are the 10 most sought-after financial modeling certifications to add to your existing skillsets.
1. IIM SKILLS
IIM SKILLS is one of the leading names to consider for financial modeling certifications. With ample practical projects, mentor assistance, and a helpful and swift support desk, IIM SKILLS is one of your foremost choices for financial modeling certifications and courses. The online financial modeling courses enable you to learn financial modeling topics incisively while keeping your other commitments intact.
Course Name – Financial Modeling Course
Course Duration – 4 Months
Course Fee – INR 39,900 + GST
- Fundamentals Of Excel
- Understanding Ribbon
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Conditional Formatting
- Font And Number Formatting Concepts
- Cells, Rows, And Columns
- Data Presentation
- Introduction To Macros
- Accounting Concepts
- Financial Statements
- Historical Cost Concept
- Accounting Period Concept
- Annual Report
- Understanding Management And Analysis Management Discussion
- Key Performance Indicator Analysis
- Profitability Ratio
- Solvency Ratio
- Activity Ratios
- Valuation Ratios
- Financial Modeling Basics
- Projecting Financial Statements
- Financial Modeling Best Practices
- Error Tracking Techniques
- Buy-Out Model And Acquisition Model
- Private Equity
- Return Capital Structure
- Cash Flow Model
- Relative Valuation
- Discounted Cash Flow Valuation
- Valuation Report
- Pre-money And Post-money Valuation And Many More.
Features of the Financial Modeling Certifications
The course incorporates all the upgraded information and tools to create insightful financial models. You will be able to glean all the knowledge to become an astute financial modeler.
The 24/7 access to the learning management system gives you the benefit of referring to the learning materials, class recordings, study notes, and case studies.
After the completion of the course, you become adept at analyzing complex financial statements simplifying them, and creating viable solutions to a business’ challenges. You will also be able to ascertain the accurate evaluation models and provide the correct path for the growth of a business.
Contact – 9911839503, [email protected]
More Professional Courses from IIM SKILLS
Imarticus is another reputed institute offering one of the leading financial modeling certifications in India. The course is conducted through live online training. In the 180 + hours of the training program, you gain skills across all elements intrinsic to finance. The certification is industry-recognized, and you gain job-oriented skills that help you to land that perfect job position in the financial sector.
Course Name – Prodegree Financial Modeling Course. (This is in collaboration with KPMG).
Course Duration – 13 weeks (4 Months +) Can be extended based on the progress.
- Accounting And Financial Modeling
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Statement Preparation
- MS Excel
- Accounting Basics
- Ratio Analysis
- Financial Modeling
- Logical And Statistical Functions In Excel
- Data Validation
- Private Equity
- Equity Research
- Consolidated Accounts
- Dupont Analysis
- Types Of Data And Variables
- Forecasting And Budgeting
- BEDMAS Principles With Many More.
Some of the features of the course are as follows:
- You have a blended learning approach with live sessions by faculty members who make the sessions interesting and interactive and provide personalized attention to students.
- The experiential learning methodology is backed by relevant practical projects. You have access to the learning management system that houses recordings and course materials.
- Imarticus Learning offers placement assistance and helps with soft skills that make you job-ready and confident in your abilities to crack and interview. The syllabus is endorsed by KPMG and incorporates every chapter that is relevant to the finance industry and financial modeling concepts.
Check out our article on the list of the best Financial Modeling Courses in India here.
3. Corporate Finance Institute
Established in the year 2016, the Corporate Finance Institute has been at the forefront of providing professionals and students with industry-specific, job-oriented finance training programs to help bridge the gap between the supply and demand of finance professionals.
Corporate finance Institute is a very highly-rated name for financial modeling certifications. They offer courses revolving around the finance industry helping finance enthusiasts bolster existing knowledge with additional skillsets.
Course Name – FMVA (Financial Modeling and Valuation Analyst)
Course Duration – 4-6 Months
Course Curriculum (Includes Electives)
- Analyzing Financial Statements
- Accounting Fundamentals
- Excel Fundamentals And Advanced Concepts
- Corporate Finance
- Mathematics For Corporate Finance Analysis
- Capital Venture
- Macabacus Fundamentals
- Accounting Principles & Standards
- Building The Three Statements Financial Model
- Business Valuation Modeling
- Budgeting And Forecasting
- Scenario And Sensitivity Analysis
- Data Visualization
- Professional Ethics
- Operation And Modeling
- Case Studies Including Amazon
- Financial Information Presentation
- Financial Modeling For Real Estates
- Financial Model And Valuation For Startups
- Financial Model And Valuation For Mining
- Solar Financial Modeling
- Corporate And Business Strategy
- Advanced Excel Formulas And Functions
This training program includes 29 vital courses consisting of compulsory courses and electives. With a plethora of practical projects that strengthen your analytical and Finance implementation skills, this certification provides the much-needed boost for people experiencing stagnancy in their careers.
You have guided simulation, mentor assistance, and career guidance included in the course. The blockchain certificate provided by the institute is shareable on LinkedIn.
Contact : 18008 1775 39
4. Advanced Valuation and Strategy For Business (Coursera)
This Advanced Valuation and Strategy for business financial modeling certification is conducted by Erasmus University Rotterdam and the course is available at Coursera.
The program is an advanced-level certification that gives you 16 hours of intensive training in an online virtual immersive classroom format. The course is flexible and offers you to reset your deadlines according to your schedule and preference.
Coming to the program, this certification is especially aimed at executives who need superior finance knowledge to create high-grade business strategies.
It is also helpful to people who are interested in corporate finance, private equity, and business strategy. Right from collecting historical data to evaluating the position of the business, the course helps you in the journey of becoming a prolific financial modular with the latest tools and techniques incorporated in the program.
You become skilled at strategic thinking and decisions making, understand the traits of cash flows, and create financial models that reflect the financial health of the organization while delineating the long-term implications of important business decisions.
Course Name – Advanced Valuation and Strategy for Mergers and Acquisitions, Venture Capital, and Private Equity
Duration – 4 months approximately
- Improvement In Your Decision-making
- Strategic Commitment
- Integrating Flexibility Discounted Cash Flow Analysis
- When To Use This Contact Cash Flow Approach
- Introduction To Corporate Valuation
- Calculating Free Cash Flows And Terminal Value
- Using Multiple Valuations
- WACC Method
- Internal Rate Of Return
- Types Of Multiples
- How To Estimate Growth Options
- Strategic Planning
- Economic Value-added
- Linking Valuation And Strategy
- Real Options Theory
- Risk-neutral Valuation
- Understanding Competitive Bidding In Acquisitions
- New Product Development
- Strategic Growth Option Value
They offer you a shareable LinkedIn certificate which helps to get the attention of prospective employers. You can also include it in your CV and online infographic resume.
Contact: You can get all the details at the course error website after you log in to the site.
5. Macquarie University Financial Certification
This course is one of the most popular financial modeling certifications available at Coursera. The curriculum delineates the importance of data in making crucial business decisions for the future and creating more wealth for the business. You learn how to analyze information and use it to the advantage of the business. Helping students develop strategic insights and achieve financial literacy are two of the most important goals of the curriculum.
Course name – Finance Analysis and Modeling Master Track Certificate
Course Duration – 4 months+
Course fee – 6600 AUD (INR 3,50,000+ )
- Data Analysis And Visualization
- Business Project Valuation
- Developing Customer Journey
- Organization’s Operations
- Planning Of Organization’s Future Performance
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Analysis And Modeling
- Business Risk Assessment
- Investment Evaluation
- Crisis Solving Techniques
- Understanding Insights
- Customer Analytics
- Use Of Actual Marketplace
- Data Estimating The Effects Of A Corporate Marketing Effect
- Generating Customer Value
- Understanding Financial Statements
- Employee Management
- Data Literacy
- Financial Literacy
- Data Processing
- Data Model
Live sessions, real-world practical assignments, recorded videos, collaboration with peers and industry, and LMS access from any device of your choosing are some of the important features.
6. Financial Modeling Foundations by LinkedIn
LinkedIn is today one of the most visited platforms for job opportunities as well as courses. The financial modeling foundations by LinkedIn is one of their premium financial modeling certifications that help you to gain an overall understanding of financial models and give you intensive training on some of the most important elements that make up the financial modeling structure.
Course Name – Online Financial Modeling Foundation Classes
- What Is Financial Modeling
- Important Financial Modeling
- Overview Data For Model
- Sources Of Data
- Getting Started With Project Management
- Excel Tips For Financial Modeling
- Corporate Financial Modeling
- Three Statement Financial Model
- Evaluating Corporate Financial Models
- DCF Model
- Banking Models
- Buy-Out Models
- Financial Models Across Diverse Sectors
- Application Of Financial Models
- Characteristics Of Financial Models
- Discount Rates In Models
- IRR Decisions In Financial Models And Many More
7. Wharton University
Wharton University’s business and financial modeling specialization helps you to efficiently understand spreadsheet models to evaluate the financial position of a business and make a data-driven analysis to propel the organization towards success.
This course is among the best financial modeling certifications available to students to understand the use of Excel for models, budgeting, different modeling techniques, investment analysis, and corporate finance among others.
Course Name – Business and Financial Modeling Specialization
There are 5 courses in the specialization. However, you have the option of completing all of them or any course of your choosing.
The course topics are as follows:
- Fundamentals Of Quantitative Modeling
- Spreadsheets And Model Introduction
- Modeling Risk And Realities
- Scenarios Analysis
- Business And Financial Modeling Capstone
There are hands-on practical assignments to complete in this specialization course.
8. Financial Modeling For Business Analysts and Consultants (Udemy)
This certification at Udemy is one of the most highly-rated financial modeling certifications on the coveted education platform. You will gain mastery over the advanced and fundamental concepts of Excel that are required for Business Analysts and consultants to create accurate financial models.
The course will enable you to build your financial model in excel, understand the challenges that are part of the financial modeling process and solve them.
- Introduction To Financial Modeling
- Approach To Financial Modeling
- Essential Finance And Accounting Features
- Modeling Of Profit And Loss Account
- Capex And Depreciation
- Working Capital
- Balance Sheet Modeling
- Cash Flow Modeling
- Analysis Of The Financial Model
- Introduction To Valuation
- Price Per Earning Multiplier
- How To Increase The Value Of Your Business Modeling Examples
- Corporate Tax
- Capital Estimation
- Equity Modeling
- Operation Cash Flows
- Shareholders’ Impact On Cash Flow
- Financial Concepts And Terms
- EBIT and EBITDA
The course includes 3.5 hours of video lessons with 4 articles and 78 downloadable learning materials and resources. You get full-time access to the content and a certificate of completion after you finish the course. As is the norm with all other courses, this course is also accessible to you on mobile TV and any other device that you prefer.
The course aims to provide you with the most relevant information that you can put to use as a business consultant and analyst. The mentor has more than 15 years of experience as a consultant and understands the nuances of business strategy performance and growth and how to overcome the financial challenges plaguing an organization.
The course is an intricate step-by-step curriculum that has its foundation in Excel files given to you as part of the course materials.
Contact Login at udemy, enroll in the course, and start learning.
9. NSE India
NSE India conducts one of the finest financial modeling certifications meticulously designed to help people gain insight and practical exposure to the concepts of financial market investments and business growth.
The mentors provide exhaustive training to professionals and students to cover everything that encompasses the financial sector and the global financial markets. The course is incorporated by using Excel which will help the candidates build conviction in their abilities to create financial models and analyze crucial financial statements of a business from scratch.
Course Name – Online Financial Modeling Certification
Course Fee – INR 9000
- Financial Modeling And Financial Statement Analysis
- Understanding Income Statement
- Building Of Financial Model
- Methods Of Valuation
- Case Studies
- Practical Projects
- Building Financial Model
- DCF Modeling
- The Variables
- Transaction Comparables
- Prospective Analysis
- Strategy Analysis
- Valuation Analysis
- Best Practices Of Financial Modeling
- Fundamental Theories Of Financial Modeling
The course is particularly aimed at finance professionals, chartered accountants, equity research analysts, venture capitalists, investment bankers, business administrators, and students pursuing BBA, MBA, commerce, mathematics, and statistics.
Contact: 022 2659 8100/6641 8100
EduPristine is one of the most illustrious education platforms offering high-quality financial modeling certifications. Their financial modeling course is conducted in collaboration with BSE Institute Limited.
With the tremendous prospect in financial modeling, this course opens up new opportunities for aspiring financial modelers in the sectors of equity research, corporate finance, investment banking, credit ranking, business analysis, fund management, and commercial banking, among others.
The course is curated for finance professionals, business administrators, engineers, commerce graduates, postgraduates, charted accountants, company secretaries, and tax consultants with superior skills in financial modeling.
EduPristine offers placement assistance and periodic evaluation which helps to understand how well you know financial Modeling components. Incorporate soft skill training and career guidance in their course after completion of the exam. You also have doubts solving sessions and help desk along with access to discussion forums and community.
Course Name – Financial Modeling Course
- Creating Financial Model Template
- Formatting Summarising And Creating A Presentable Data Format
- Using Referencing Framework
- Data Collection And Structuring
- Data And Information
- Business Model And Operating Model
- Historical Statement Modeling
- Tax Modeling
- Equity Modeling
- Cost Of Equity Analysis
- Sensitivity Analysis
- Project Finance
- Case Study On Accenture
The self-study format comes with pre-recorded lessons, financial models that can be accessed offline, model templates released every week, access to online materials 24/7, and a discussion forum to address doubts and confusion.
There is no particular eligibility to enroll for the course at EduPristine. However, that people with a background in commerce, finance, statistics, and mathematics will find it easier to deal with the concepts since they would be familiar with the finance terms.
Contact : 1800 2005 835
FAQs on Financial Modeling Certifications
1. Why should you opt for financial modeling certification?
Financial modeling certifications equip you with the intensive knowledge of finance and the financial market. If you want to work in the domains of equity research, venture capital, banking, real estate, project finance, and investment banking, it is imperative that you understand the nitty-gritty of financial models.
It not only helps to estimate the valuation of a company but provides insight into what investments can be profitable for a business and how to go about it. All of these things are covered in financial modeling certifications and courses. Data structuring and analysis, and understanding of financial statements are crucial aspects of pursuing a career in finance. And today, financial modeling is gaining popularity as a means to gauge the financial position of an organization. Thus, it makes sense to invest in a financial modeling certification course.
2. What are some of the topics covered in a Financial Modeling Certification training?
Main Topics Covered in Financial Modeling Certifications arenas follows:
- Budgeting And Forecasting
- Collating Previous Data
- Analyzing Financial Statements
- Understanding Income Statement, Balance Sheet, And Cash Flow Statement
- Business Valuation Methods
- Sensitivity Analysis
- Key Performance Indicators
- Advanced Excel
3. What should be the top 5 considerations for enrolling in financial modeling certifications?
There are some important factors to consider when you register for financial modeling certifications. Apart from a curriculum that encompasses all the important components of the financial system, here are the top 5 considerations for enrolling in financial modeling certifications are enumerated below
i) Practical Projects
ii) Access to the learning management system
iii) Advanced Excel Training and Guidance on PowerPoint
iv) Placement Assurance
v) Soft Skills training
4. What is the course duration of financial modeling certifications?
The course duration for financial model certifications varies from 4 months to 6 months. There are some short-term certification courses and some long-term that might take less or more time respectively. Check with the institute before applying so that you know what you sign up for and for how many months you have to pursue the course.
These are the top financial modeling certifications that you can enroll in if you want to become a prolific finance professional proficient in ideating and creating financial models. The first step to becoming an Ace financial modeler is to develop a keen interest in the financial markets.
Along with your course, go through Financial news, and blog articles, that will help you to understand the concepts exhaustively. The global financial market offers you plenty of job positions and lucrative job designations to excel in this field provided you offer value to the organization and have relevant solutions to their business challenges.