TALLY is one of the most popular bookkeeping and accounting software in India. TALLY has managed to stay ahead of the competition by constantly levering technology, improving, and innovating to keep pace with the constant market demands and changes. According to Business India Magazine, TALLY commands 80% of the market, making it the most widely used software product. A career in Tally is a lucrative option for any professional looking for a competitive edge with the broad range of Tally courses available in India.
Carrier Prospects After Learning Tally
The Accounting Software Industry is one of the fastest growing markets, valued at 9.67 billion dollars in 2021, its Compound Annual Growth Rate is 8.5% from reaching, and it’s projected to grow to 12.17 billion dollars. According to Maximize Market Research.com, Tally Solutions gets a slice of that cake making it one of the key players in the industry.
In the region, Tally Solutions is one of the oldest and most trusted software companies. The numbers speak for themselves, with nearly 7 million users in over 100 countries in the Middle East, Africa, South East Asia, South Asia, and over 28,000 partners.
India Today has ranked Tally as a top choice for corporations this year since it’s paving its way to becoming the number one software of choice by replacing MSI. Tally Courses in India open a range of opportunities for professionals since they can provide lucrative job opportunities.
Naukri, the biggest job placement website in India, has categorized the following professions as the most demanded:
- Tally Operator: Provide accurate information for filing returns, booking Expenses, and synchronizing data promptly.
- Accountant: Manage invoices, quotations, financial statements, balance sheets, tax returns on Tally, etc.
- Account Executive: Maintain the relationships between businesses and clients and maintain a cohesive relationship in different areas like finance, publicity, and marketing.
- Data Entry Operators: Ensure data is accurate by compiling it, cleaning it, and verifying it’s free from errors before putting it inside the software.
Naukri’s numbers state that the top industries hiring for Tally Professionals are: Education, FMCG, Auto Ancillary, IT and Software, BPO/ITES, Real Estate, Imports and Exports, and Textile Industry. Now it is an excellent chance to take advantage of the opportunities that Tally Courses in India provide.
1. Certified Tally Master Course- IIM SKILLS
IIM SKILLS is a prestigious academy that has been providing its services since 2015. Over the years, it has earned respect by providing online quality education to the public, and it’s known for being one of the best course providers.
The educational has always been at the forefront of understanding the market demand and has designed a unique certification in Tally, where the learner can acquire the skills and knowledge to function effectively in the current demanding and changing market.
This certification is a self-paced program with 60 hours of practical assignments, and internship opportunities where students can immerse in real-life situations that will get them to job ready from day one after completing the program.
By the completion of the program, the candidate will get a certificate recognized by the Government of India. This is one of the top Tally Courses in India, proving a tailor-made experience for its students. The program consists of three parts, in which a vast number of subjects are covered, the main ones are:
Basics of Business Accounting:
- Basics of Accounts
- Accounting uses and limitations
- Accounting Equations
- Branches of Accounting
- Types of Accounts
- Accounting Standard (GAAP)
Advanced Tally ERP9 and Tally Prime: These are the latest versions of the software. Both are great for data assessment and bookkeeping, however, it’s important to understand the differences and in which case scenarios one is better than the other. During the program, the student will learn those along with the following:
- Basics of Tally
- Creating Account Masters
- Group and Ledger Creation
- Debit and Credit Note
- Creating Inventory data in Tally
Advanced Accounting in Tally: Once the foundation has been set up and the differences between Tally ERP 9 and Tally Prime are clear, the student will move on to advanced knowledge, the main takeaways are:
- Recording Transactions
- Cost Centres and Classification´
- Bill of materials
- Order Processing
- Budget Creation
- Preparation of Account Balance Sheet
- Balance Sheet Analysis
- Preparation of Trading, Profits, and Losses.
Anyone can apply for this course, but the program is more suitable for candidates with a background or knowledge in commerce, economics, computer science, GST professionals and practitioners, finance professionals, and start-up owners.
They offer their students recordings of all the sessions and lifetime access to them. These benefits make this program, without a doubt, one of the most competitive Tally Courses in India. If you have any further questions, please contact the IIM SKILLS staff, who will gladly answer any questions.
Customer Care No: +91 9580 740 740
Email: [email protected]
2. Accounting and Tally Prime Course- CAClub India
CAClub India is an interactive platform launched in 1999 with the purpose of networking with Finance Professionals and Taxpayers with the objective to share knowledge as a community. Today it has about 2 million members and offers services like Community Interactions, the latest news and trends in the Finance World, and training in different financial areas.
Accounting and Tally Prime Course is one of the three programs offered in the Tally series and it’s one of the most comprehensive Tally Courses in India for any professional or company looking for a friendly transition from Tally ERP 9 to Tally Prime.
The course has a total video length of 30 hours, the lessons are completely online to view on the web and available for 4 months and an e-book is provided to accompany the content.
The program can be in Hindi and in English, and by its completion, the candidate will receive an E-Certificate issued by CAClub India. The course consists of 15 modules, which are step-by-step transition steps from one software version to another:
- Fundamentals of Accounting: The aspiring candidate will the basics, such as Accounting terms, assumptions, principles, double entry systems, and types of accounts, among other basic concepts.
- Instruction for downloading and Installing Tally Prime: By the end of this section, the candidate will be introduced to the functions of Tally Prime, and getting started configurations.
- Migration of Data from Tally ERP9 to Tally Prime: This section describes how to migrate data to create ledgers and inventory masters in Tally Prime.
- Recording Accounting vouchers in Tally Prime
- Viewing MIS Reports on Tally Prime
- TDS Recording and Transactions: This section enables the user to create Inventory masters for Order Processing, Purchase Orders, and Sales Orders.
- GST Recording and Transactions in Tally Prime: This module teaches the creation of Inventory masters and GST-compliant transactions and returns.
- Activating credit limits
- Baking Features
- Cost Centres and Categories: Allocation of costs and income through cost centers in Tally Prime
- Classification of Inventory: This section enables the user to keep an accurate track of stocks, and a full list of inventories along with their cost and price list.
- Bill of Materials: This part of the course teaches the new users how to link the accounting process to the bills of materials.
- Backup, Import, Export, and Storage of Data
- Email and Security Control: This section shows user management for safety access reasons.
- Advanced GST recordings and transactions: In this last part of the course the new user will learn to create Accounting and Inventory masters in order to record GST transactions, and apply the accurate tax rate details and GST returns.
The course is suitable for professionals with experience working with Tally ERP9. For further inquiries, the course page contains a request call formulary, where the aspiring candidate can receive a personalized call.
Contact Number: +011 411 70713
Other best courses in India:
- Digital Marketing Courses in India
- GST Certification Courses in India
- Technical Writing Courses in India
- Business Accounting and Taxation Courses in India
- Financial Modeling Courses in India
3. Tally ERP9- NIIT
NIIT is one of the most prestigious academies in India with a presence in over 30 countries. It’s an option to consider when it comes to looking at Tally courses in India if you are looking for short-term programs and only considering learning Tally ERP9 and GST. The following courses offer a Tally Embedded certificate at their completion:
Introduction to GST (20 Hours)
The course consists of one module, among the concepts given are:
- Understanding Goods and Services Concepts
- Transition to GST and Input Service Distributor
- Returns on Payment Tax
- Knowledge of GSTN and GSP
The program is designed for undergraduates or graduates in commerce with knowledge of the taxation system.
Accounting with Tally.ERP9 (36 hours)
The course consists of one module, the concepts given are:
- Professional Documents Using Microsoft Office Word
- Managing Data Effectively Using Microsoft Office Excel
- Accounting with Tally. ERP 9
This course is fit for undergraduates or graduates with basic knowledge of Tally.
GST using Tally.ERP9 (44 hours)
The course consists of one module, among the concepts given are:
- Introduction to GST
- Getting Started in GST
- Maintain Book Accounts
- Get the business GST ready
- Migration of Data to Tally.ERP9
This course is fit for Commerce Professionals with basic knowledge of Tally.ERP9.
Working with Tally.ERP9 Level 1 (108 hours)
The course consists of one module, the concepts given are:
- Business Process Fundamentals
- ERP 9: Basic Accounting and Inventory
- ERP 9: Advanced Accounting, Inventory, and VAT
This course is fit for Commerce Graduates comfortable working with Windows.
Email: [email protected]
Contact Number: 1800 3000 6448
4. Financial Accounting Using Tally Prime-NIIELIT
The National Institute of Electronics & Information is an autonomous society under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology. NIIELIT offers one of the top options when it Tally Courses in India with its centers across the country. This course is offered regularly due to its high demand.
This is a 20-day comprehensive online course, where the participant is required to attend for two hours per class.
The main concepts covered are:
- Introduction to Tally
- Accounts Receivable
- Tally Vault
- Balance of Payments
- Inventory Management and Maintenance
- Profits and Loss Report
- TCS, TDS, GST
There is no prior knowledge required to enroll in the program. It’s suitable for an absolute beginner who wishes to pursue a career in Accounts, Finance and in the process, learn the most demanded software in India. After the program, the student will get a Participant Certificate if they had 75% attendance and at least 50% marks on the exam.
Please note that each NIIELT center offers a Tally on different dates and times. For more information on the centers and schedules for the course please visit the official website: https://nielit.gov.in/
5. Tally Bookkeeper Professional Certificate-Coursera and TEPL
Among the options in the market for Tally Courses in India, we find this new partnership between Coursera and Tally Education. Both institutions have united to create a 100% online self-paced online program focused on Tally prime. This certification consists of three different courses that go in the following order:
Fundamentals of Accounting and Reporting (19 hours), among the
concepts in the course are:
- Fundamentals of Accounting
- Introduction to Tally Prime
- Recording of transactions in Tally
Principles of Accounts Payable and Receivable Management (36 hours) among the concepts in the course are:
- Inventory Management
- Accounts and Transactions in Tally
- Costs and Budget management in Tally
Basics of Statutory Compliance and Taxation (46 hours)
- GST and TDS
- Managing Business Data
- Generate and Maintain books of accounts.
There is no prior knowledge required to enroll in the program. It’s suitable for an absolute beginner pursuing a career in Accounts, Finance, and Tally. It’s important to note that Coursera offers many courses in free mode, however, to get the full benefits of every program or course the user needs to pay an annual or monthly fee to the platform.
These benefits include; certificates, evaluations, or activities. The scope depends on the policy of every program. For more information, please visit the official website and full program information
6. Tally ERP9 With GST Step-by-Step Guide from Basic to Advance Udemy
UDEMY is an online learning platform with over 213,000 courses that cover a wide range of topics that go from finance to self-development, and when it comes to Tally Courses in India, this isn’t the exception. However, for this top, we’ve picked the top rated by the users.
This course is completely online with a duration of 7 hours and 53 minutes and consists of a total of 14 lessons with durations that go from five minutes to an hour. The course covers a vast number of topics, among them are:
- Definition of Accounting
- Introduction to Tally
- Working with Ledgers in Tally
- Transactions in Tally
- Bank Reconciliation Statements
- Inventory in General
- Inventory Stocks in Tally
- GST Models
- Working with GST
- Shortcuts to Tally
- Back Data in Tally
This course requires no prior knowledge, but to carry it out the course it’s necessary to have Tally ERP 9 previously installed. This course is a great option, among the Tally Courses in India looking for basic knowledge in the software. After the course, the candidate receives a certificate issued by UDEMY
FAQs About Tally Courses in India
1. Why is it beneficial to learn Tally?
Tally is the most utilized software in the region as it makes accounting tasks and operations easier and more accurate. As mentioned before, Tally has an 80% dominance in the market. Being a certified Tally professional can provide growth opportunities within an organization, better job opportunities, or salary hikes. Information moves at the speed of light and it’s crucial to expand and validate knowledge to stay relevant in the market. Remember, information is potential, and knowing how to use it is power. Choosing a suitable course among all the Tally Courses in India is a game-changer.
2. What are the applications for Tally?
Tally is an accounting software that has many different applications within an organization. It provides solutions for basic inventory management, stock control, purchase orders, filing tax returns, GST management and invoicing, Statutory compliance, banking integration, balance flows, and interest calculations. The integration of all these functions provides better visibility of the business, which allows more accurate predictions for the future. The applications the user may have depend on the company and the role.
3. What is the difference between Tally ERP and Tally Prime?
Tally ERP 9 is an older version released in 2009, on the other hand, Tally Prime is a more updated version released in 2021. Therefore, Tally Prime is the successor of Tally ERP9. Tally Prime has preserved the simplicity of Tally ERP9 but has updated important features like access capabilities and introduced some new navigational features. Many companies still use Tally ERP9, which is why a lot of academies still offer knowledge of this version
4. Why is Tally better than the competition?
Tally is a powerful and rich software made for the Indian Market, which means it’s always up to date with tax regulations. With a presence of 30 years in the market Tally solutions have grown a strong support system and network through Tally Service Partners, Tally Integrators, and Tally Extenders, with the unique purpose to provide its users with the best and simplest experience, allowing them to save time in their everyday transactions.
4. Among all the Tally Courses in India, which one is the best?
Each person’s circumstances are different, and what may be the best for one may not be the best choice for the other, that’s why when choosing amongst the supply of courses can be a tough challenge. Please keep in mind that Tally is not just a Data Entry software, therefore it does require core knowledge in accounting, finance, and taxation to fully take advantage of the benefits it offers.
Hopefully, the following pointers can give some guidance:
- Goals and interests: Take a piece of paper and analyze your short-, medium-, and long-term goals and look for a program that’s fully aligned with your interests and how it will truly benefit your career in the future.
- Time: Are you willing to commit the time and effort to carry out any program thoroughly? Analyze your schedule and see how a course can motivate and benefit you.
- Cost: When choosing any course, it’s crucial to analyze the affordability and if the course is worth the money.
- Content: According to LinkedIn, when choosing a Tally course, it should have comprehensive content that lets any professional mix Tally with the resources that are already around like Tally Prime with Payroll, MS Office with Tally, and a comprehensive user-friendly guide that blends TDS and GST with Tally.
In today’s fast-paced information world, speed and accuracy are more important than ever. The numbers are an essential part of any business since they are the X-Ray that reflects the company’s current health and potential growth. The demand and need for timely information in this area have become crucial and a differentiating factor for every company and every industry. Keeping behind due to ignorance or slow data processing can result in millionaire losses.
Understanding this problem, in 1986, the Goenka family, with a strong vision for the future, revolutionized the market and created Tally. The Goenkas were pioneers in the accounting industry by providing businesses with comprehensive accounting solutions that allowed users to have easy-to-use software with accessibility in various operating systems and allowed managers to gain remote access in minutes to transactions, reports, and operations, as well as solid network and support system.
Accounting and Finance are professions that will always exist in the market, one way or another, and both disciplines will be growing and evolving, because, without them, a business’s survival would be impossible. Professionals should always educate themselves to stay relevant and contribute to the evolution of the world, leaving a positive mark on it. Today, access to information is at the click of a mouse, and with so many choices in the market for Tally Courses in India, there is no excuse to stop learning.