Pursuing a GST certification course is a great choice for you if you are in a tax department, an accountant, CA, or a consultant. If you are a fresher or student this course will help you get complete knowledge of GST to fetch a good job. Kolkata, the fifth-biggest education hub in India has many institutes which provide GST certification courses in Kolkata. Here, you can find some of the best GST certification courses in Kolkata, which you can join to elevate your career growth.
Before moving forward, an overview of GST is a must.
What Is GST?
GST stands for Goods and Services tax. It was introduced in 2017 by the government of India by replacing all the indirect taxes like Value-added tax (VAT), service tax, sales tax, excise duty, and so on. It simply means it is a single indirect tax that is levied on the supply of certain goods and services in India.
There Are Four Different Types of GST:
- Central Goods and Services Tax -Levied on the intrastate supply of goods and services.
- State Goods and Services Tax – SGST is levied on the sale of goods and services within a state.
- Integrated Goods and Services Tax – IGST is levied on all the inter-state supplies of goods and services.
- Union Territory Goods and Services Tax – UTGST is levied on the supply of goods and services in the union territory in the country.
GSTIN- GST identification number is a 15-digit unique code that is given to each taxpayer. It is issued based on the state one resided in and their PAN number.
Now that we have learned the basics of GST, let’s have a look at the top institutes of GST certification courses in Kolkata.
1. IIM Skills
IIM Skills is one of the well-known and reputed institutes offering GST certification courses in Kolkata as well as business accounting and taxation courses in Kolkata. They have trained and experienced trainers to teach. The certificate is registered with MSME. You can join the course if you are a student, fresher, accounting and finance professional, business owner/startup, retired, or housewife. If you are inclined towards a career in finance, check out the list of top financial modeling courses in Kolkata.
The course includes 9 modules. It is India’s best GST certification course that satisfies all the requirements of industries. They give 100% practical training:
- The genesis and concept of GST and its impact on businesses.
- The framework and structure of GST.
- Registration under GST: Criteria and process explained.
- Invoicing in GST: Invoicing rules and regulations.
- GST returns filing.
- Composition scheme under GST.
- Reverse Charge Mechanism.
- E-way bill under GST.
- Input tax credit and payment in GST.
Features Of the IIM SKILLS GST certification Course:
- Online classes of in-depth and hands-on training GST. This helps with immersive learning and cultivates confidence to approach any tax-related challenge with conviction.
- The curriculum is up to date and based on the latest GST domain. Moreover, whenever any new information is disseminated or any new change is made The IIM SKILLS course incorporates all these changes without delay.
- Expert GST course trainers. They have experience of working for big brands and solving challenges of the finance domain for more than 5years. Adept at discerning the changes well, they offer invaluable suggestions, and techniques to prosper as a GST practitioner.
- Online classes, you can access anytime anywhere. The problem of commute is eliminated giving you the opportunity to study at your own time and when you deem fit.
- Multiple batches are available so you can opt according to your schedule.
- Lifetime validity to access the GST material without any extra cost. You will get access to all the learning resources, and case studies that will help you with insight into the GST domain.
- Certificate after completing the course.
GST Course Details
Course Fees – Rs. 9900
This form is currently undergoing maintenance. Please try again later.
IIM Skills Brand Partners
Reviews and Testimonials
Other Courses Provided by Them Are:
2. Flowria Academy
Flowria Academy is one of the well-known and reputed institutes for GST certification courses in Kolkata. It is well-known for providing excellent service in the following areas: computer training institutes, Tally training institutes, computer training institutes for MS Excel, GST training institutes, Tally GST training institutes, computer training at home, computer training institutes. They provide various courses, one of them is the GST course. They have expert trainers to assist you.
- Introduction to financial accounting.
- Financial accounting basics.
- Financial accounting advanced.
- Business management.
- Document printing.
- Software maintenance and upgrades.
- Introduction to payroll.
- The introductory module on GST.
Course Fee – Rs. 6,000/-.
If you prefer online learning, then you can also check the Top 10 Online GST Courses
3. CIT India ( Central Institute of Technology ) –
CIT is a well-known and one of the best accounting and taxation training institutes in Kolkata that provides the best GST certification courses in Kolkata. It is an ISO 9001:2015 certified and approved by the MSME organization. They have experienced and professional teachers to guide you. They provide free e-books to read and online support to all the students for a lifetime.
Why Choose CIT:
- Low course fees
- Lifetime support
- 100% job assistance
- Real-life case studies
- Online support
- 1 Training Institute in Kolkata
- Top Rating on Google
Types of Courses :
- Regular Course: It is best suited for Under 10th students. After completing the course of 3 or 6 months duration, the certificate will be provided.
- Career Course: It is the best course for 10th, 12th, or job seekers. You will get experience, job assurance, and a certificate. The duration of the course is 1 year, 2 years or 3 years.
- Professional Course: This course is for professionals and job seekers. Under this course, you will get 100% job assurance, experience, income opportunity, and a certificate. The duration of the course is 3 or 6 months.
Course Duration : 3 months.
Course Fees: Rs 5000/-.
The course is divided into 34+ modules. It is designed for all the categories students, accountants, businessmen, or anyone who wants to learn.
Other Courses Provided by Them Are:
- Accounts and Tally.
- Digital Marketing.
- Web Design and Development.
- Cyber Security.
- Graphics and Animation.
- Spoken English.
4. Onward Academy
Onward Academy is one of the most popular training institutes for GST certification courses in Kolkata. They offer courses in both direct and indirect taxes based on the latest advancements in GST that satisfy the industry requirements. This comprehensive GST course will help to get lots of jobs opportunities or to start your consultant firm.
- Basic Concept of GST
- Tax Levy
- Accounts and Records
- Assessment and Audit
- Time and Value of Supply
- Input Tax Credit
- Tax Invoice
- Debit and Credit Notes
- Payment of Tax
Why Choose Onward Academy :
- Expert and Experienced Taxation Trainers
- Work on Live and Practical Projects
- Size of Class is Less
- 100% Placement Support
1 year Regular Course
6 months Fast Track
5 . ICA Edu Skills –
They provide the best training and placement services at the most affordable price and GST certification courses in Kolkata. As the business wants “skilled people,” they broadened their horizons to include not only practical training for students but also placement assistance at top companies and multinational corporations.
ICA is now widely regarded as India’s premier training institute, has impacted millions of careers, and altered public perceptions of accounting, finance, and taxation. ICA is proud to be a part of India’s skill development initiatives, both as an independent organization and as a training partner for a variety of educational brands and government projects.
- Business Computer Application
- Business Accounting
- Business Communication
- Direct Tax
- Advanced Accounts
Course Eligibility: 1+ / Graduate.
Course Type: 10% job guarantee.
Fees Structure and Duration:
Certified Industrial Accountant( CIA ) Online: Rs. 39999/-.
Duration: 4 months.
Certified Industrial Accountant(CIA ) Classroom: Rs. 49500/-.
Duration: 12 months.
6. National Institute of Financial Market-
NIFM is a well-established and reputed institute for teaching and GST certification courses in Kolkata. Experienced faculty train the participants with new ideas that help them to improve their skills and become better professionals. GST training is provided on live projects by experienced faculty.
Who Can Participate in The Course: Students, businessmen, freshers, freelancers, and working professionals.
Eligibility Criteria: 10+2, undergraduates, postgraduates.
Duration and Course Fees :
Rs. 25000 + GST.
- Industry Expert Trainers
- Certificate After Completion of Course
- Placement Assistant
- Get Help in Freelancing
- Get Help in Start Business as an Accountant or tax Assistant
- Flexible Time Schedule
- The course is More Practical based
- Coverage of Theory and Practical Classes
- Individual Attention to Each Student
- Comprises Full Topic on GST and Tally
- Goods and Services Tax ( GST )
- Tally ERP 9 with GST
7. GTIA ( George Telegraph Institute of Accounts )
George Telegraph Institute of Accounts, a unit of The George Telegraph Group has a highly qualified staff who work tirelessly to ensure that students receive the finest possible training in practical courses. They are one of the top institutes to provide GST certification courses in Kolkata.
The advisory board which includes chartered accountants, company secretaries, financial analysts, business administrators, and cost and management accountants, provides students with the necessary guidance to ensure that they are ready for employment and confident in their abilities in their chosen field.
The Institute is partnered with National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC). The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) is a non-profit organization under the Ministry of Skill Development and entrepreneurship of the government of India. All of the centers provide NSDC-affiliated courses.
- Basic Concepts
- Types of Supply
- Composition Scheme
- Reverse Charge Mechanism
- Time of Supply
- Place of Supply
- Value of supply
- Input Tax Credit
- Accounting Entries in GST
- GST Registration
- E-Way Bill
- GST Returns
- GST Reports
Course Duration: 2 Months.
Eligibility: 12th pass.
Classes: 5 days/week.
NIIT ranks among the world’s leading training institutes, which was founded in 1981 and is developing a personnel pool to meet the needs of global industries. It provides training and development solutions to individuals, enterprises, and institutions. They are one of the best that provides the GST certification courses in Kolkata.
NIIT was named the ‘Most Respected Education Company’ in 2016 by Business World, a renowned business publication. They have earned many awards for their excellent work.
Their concept-based course “Introduction to GST” helps students to understand what GST is, how it works, and how it impacts the taxation system. The course focuses on concept-based learning, developed in collaboration with Tally.
- Understanding of goods and services tax Concepts
- Learn about the Supply of Goods and Services tax
- Understanding of Invoicing and Input Credit Mechanism
- Returns and Payment of Tax
- Consequences of Non-Compliance
- Accounts and Other Records
- Tax Rate structure and Refund of Tax
- Job Work and Non-Resident Tax Payer
- E-Commerce and Compliance Rating
- Understand the role of the Tax Return Preparer
- Knowledge of GSTN and GSP
- Understanding the Audit process
- Learn about Demands and Recovery
- Learn about Appeals and Revision
- Understand Liability to Pay
B.com/ Graduate/ Commerce student.
Understanding of Taxation System.
Course Type: Classroom.
Total duration: 20 hours.
- Embedded Tally Certificate
- Intensive Learning
- Industry Veteran Faculty
9. Tax4Wealth –
Tax4Wealth Academy is also one of the best platforms that provide GST certification courses in Kolkata. Their Mega certification course is taken by the top 25 GST experts. You can join the course if you are a finance professional, MBA finance, GST professional, or senior finance executive.
- Value of Supply under GST
- Input Tax Credit
- Accounts and Records
- Administration by CA Kashish Gupta
- Levy and Collection of Tax
- Composition Scheme
- Introduction to mega GST Certification Course
- Exempt Supplies under GST
- Time of Supply
- Invoice, Debit and Credit Notes, and E-Invoice
- GST returns
- Payment of Tax TDS/TCS
- Audit under GST
Course Fee: Rs. 2400.
Course Duration: 51 hours.
Other Courses :
- Mega Course on Presumptive Taxation.
- Mega Startup India Taxation Course.
- Excel Certificate Course.
- Mega Stock Market Certification Course.
- Company Act 2013.
- Mega GST Certification Course.
- Mutual Fund For Beginners With chartered accountant Rakesh Singhal and Bharti Chawla in 2020.
- Traditional Ways of Investment with Pushkar.
10. FS Mission
Their GST certification course in Kolkata is specially designed for those who are new or fresher in this field. Those who are +1 passed out or doing Bachelor’s can join the course.
- GST Beginner – In this module, the basic idea of GST is covered.
- How levy GST?
- How to get Registration?
- What is supply in GST?
- How to determine the value?
- How to determine Tax?
- How to pay Tax?
- What is Input Tax Credit?
- How to determine output Tax liability?
- How to pay Tax?
- GST Intermediate – In this module in-depth study is covered about the GST.
- In-depth study of GST
- Registration process
- Accounts & Records
- Tax Invoice
- Credit & Debit Note
- E-way Bill
- Return Filing
- Refund Procedures
- Offenses & Penalties
- Advance Ruling
- Rates & Classification
- GST in Tally.ERP 9- In this module Advanced level of GST is covered.
- Accounting procedure
- Creation of a company with active GST
- Master Creation and Active GST rates
- Creating Tax ledgers
- Accounting of ITC
- Accounting of Output Tax
- Setoff Output with Input
- Payment Entry
They provide three-month audio-video classes and three months internships.
Frequently Asked Questions on GST Certification Courses in Kolkata :
Q.1 What is the salary of the GST practitioner in Kolkata?
Answer: Average salary in Kolkata is between 4 lac – and 6 lac. It depends on many factors like how many years of experience you have, with which firm you work with.
Q.2 Is the GST practitioner exam tough?
Answer: The GST practitioner exam is not tough. If you have complete knowledge about GST, you can easily clear it. You have to learn the concepts consistently and keep abreast of all the latest knowledge of the GST Domain to be successful in your exams. Learn all the advanced components well to get deep insight into the elements of GST to flourish in the exam.
Q.3 How do I start a career in GST?
Answer: Anyone interested in becoming a GST practitioner can apply to the authorized officer using Form GST PCT-1; the authorized officer will examine the applicant’s eligibility and provide a certificate in Form GST PCT-2.
Q.4 Is the GST course useful?
Answer: Yes without an iota of doubt GST courses can be extremely beneficial. It can help to increase an individual’s income by 15% to 25% on average. Individuals will get more job opportunities. Individuals might use it to launch their consulting firm. It helps in the formation of various taxation, finance, and accounting professionals’ skills.
Concluding thoughts on the top GST Certification Courses in Kolkata:
All the above GST certification courses in Kolkata are best to join. You can choose according to your needs. They will surely help you to achieve your goals and help you to gain more knowledge. Learning new skills or excelling in your knowledge always helps to stand out from the competitors. You should have a step by step process of choosing a course. After thorough research of the GST Courses, choose one that aligns with all your expectations. This means that you have to consider duration, fee, mode of learning, practical training, mentors, and post-course assistance. These are vital aspects that cannot be undermined while choosing a course. Only after you are completely satisfied with your research should you proceed with enrolling in the course of your choosing..
After completing the course you can start your consulting firm or search for a job. So, go ahead with any of the above courses and open new doors for career opportunities.